Deadline: May 22, 2017 | Apply here
Eligibility: international students enrolling to a two-year long Master degree program (Laurea Magistrale) for the academic year 2017/2018
Scholarship value: 100€ monthly grant, free accommodation in one of the UniME student Halls of Residence and exemption from the payment of tuition fees for the whole duration of the programme
Location: Messina, Italy
The University of Messina Scholarships 2017
The University of Messina (UniME) is offering 40 scholarships for international students. These scholarships are available for students enrolling to a UniME two-year long Master degree program (Laurea Magistrale) for the academic year 2017/2018.
The University of Messina is a public university located in Messina, Italy. Founded in 1548 by Ignatius of Loyola, it became the model for hundreds of Jesuit colleges. The university is organized in 11 Faculties.
All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language. Scholarships are available for students enrolling to a UniME two-year long Master degree program (Laurea Magistrale). Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
In order to apply for the scholarship, candidates must hold:
A degree awarded by a foreign University recognized as being appropriate to enroll to a Master degree programme (Laurea Magistrale).
A certificate of Italian language (B2 level) issued by the C.L.I.Q. (Certificazione Lingua Italiania di Qualità) system in case of enrollment to a Master degree programme taught in Italian, or in case of enrollment to a Master degree programme taught in English one of the following certificate of English language:
- TOEFL iBT internet based (Test of English as a Foreign Language): 87 -109
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages – Pitman): B2 IESOL Communicator
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System University of Cambridge): 5.5 – 6.5
- ISE (Integrated Skill in English – Trinity College London): B2 ISE II
- LCCIEB (London Chamber of Commerce & Industry Examinations Board): Level 5
- FCE (First Certificate in English – University of Cambridge)
Candidates must deal with pre-enrollment procedures at the Italian Diplomatic/Consular Authority in the country where the degree has been awarded for the issue of the visa.
The following documents (either in English or Italian) would be necessary:
- Curriculum vitae
- Language certificate
- A motivation letter or/and a Reference letter provided by the University/Higher Education Institution (HEI) where the candidate gained the degree/latest qualification
- Official transcript of records of previous studies in English or translated into Italian by a competent Italian authority (Embassy/Consular if abroad)
- Photocopy of a valid passport