Deadline: April 18, 2019 00:00 (CEST)| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Approximately 20-35 years of age
Dates: November 6-13, 2019
Location: Shenzhen, China
UNLEASH is a global innovation lab, which gathers 1,000 talent annually to collaborate on solutions to meet the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
In 2019, UNLEASH will be held in Shenzhen, China from November 6-13.
Do you have a talent for sustainability?
Then you shouldn’t miss the opportunity to be one of the 1,000 UNLEASH talents who will collaborate on solutions to the world’s most pressing problems.
Now is your chance to be one of the talents selected to be part of the leading platform for solutions to the world’s most pressing problems.
Why do we need UNLEASH?
The SDG challenge is immense. To realize the SDGs, it is estimated that the world will need to invest a staggering amount of between USD 5 trillion and 7 trillion per year – roughly 7%-10% of global annual GDP. To put these numbers into perspective, total investment into the Apollo Space Program (1963-72) to put a man on the moon was approximately USD 150 billion at present value.
New business models are needed to ignite change. To achieve the SDGs by 2030 will require new and innovative solutions that challenge traditional business models and approaches. Many of these solutions will need to be commercially viable as well as deliver value to society.
Talents must be mobilized. Harnessing the next generation of leaders will be critical if this is to be possible – they bring fresh perspectives, open minds, different values, tech savviness, and an appetite for disruption. Who would have thought few years back that the largest hotel chain in the world owned no rooms, the largest taxi company owned no cars, and the largest retailer owned no stores?
At UNLEASH 2019 you will be introduced to a curriculum which allows you to come up with new solutions to the SDGs. You will work in teams of 4-5 people, who share the same passion area as you.
As the event takes part in Shenzhen, known for “Shenzhen speed” and moving from idea to implementation rapidly, this is an area we are specifically focusing on this year. That means that talents have the opportunity of seeing their product becoming a reality within just one week.
Who should apply?
UNLEASH accepts top talents typically aged 20-35. Successful applicants will excel across 5 general criteria.
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to solving one of the world’s pressing challenges.
- Possession of a creative and innovative mindset
- Willingness to engage in co-creation with peers and experts
- High proficiency in English with the ability to engage in complex discussions
- Bonus: working in the field in a global context
The profiles UNLEASH is looking for are:
- Entrepreneur: Recently launched/or considered launching start-ups, organizations or campaigns at a very early stage (both non- and for-profit)
- Intrapreneur: Improved or changed entities, e.g. through R&D, business development or organizational changes
- Academic: Top class academic with in-depth content knowledge, e.g. via courses, research projects or a PhD
- Technical expert: Posses skills, tools and know-how (e.g. with engineering, design or finance) enabling development of physical or software based solutions.
Interested in applying for the UNLEASH 2019? Register your participation by following the application link and taking the suggested steps.