Deadline: April 30, 2018 00:00 (BST)
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game] | Apply here
Eligibility: Exceptional academic credentials, with a degree qualification (completed or on-going) from a top tier institution
Location: London, the United Kingdom
William Blair M&A Internships 2018
William Blair is a global investment banking and asset management firm who are committed to building enduring relationships with its clients and providing expertise and solutions to meet their evolving needs.
An independent and employee-owned firm, William Blair is based in Chicago, with offices in 10 cities worldwide.
William Blair M&A advisory practice offers comprehensive financial advisory services and expert guidance. They serve buyers and sellers by providing in-depth financial and strategic analysis, identifying transaction partners, developing creative deal structures, and negotiating complex transaction terms.
William Blair is offering talented students and recent graduates an exciting opportunity to work in the demanding field of Investment Banking (Mergers & Acquisitions) throughout the year.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right applicant to become an integral part of the team, gaining a better understanding of what working in an international investment bank entails and getting to know William Blair as a potential future employer.
Working alongside William Blair professionals, this role includes:
- Identifying potential M&A and financing situations
- Preparing in-depth valuations and other financial analyses
- Preparing client documentation for winning business
- Assisting deal teams in live transactions
The people are William Blair’s most valuable asset and they have high expectations of its applicants. The requirements for this role include:
- Exceptional academic credentials, with a degree qualification (completed or on-going) from a top tier institution
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with attention to detail
- High level of motivation and ability to work in a team
- Good proficiency with MS-Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Fluency in English
- Additional European language skills preferable but not a pre-requisite
- Practical experience in Mergers & Acquisitions or related investment banking experience beneficial but not a prerequisite