Deadline: October 13, 2017 | Apply here
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: All young people between the ages of 15 and 28
Women Deliver Young Leaders 2018
Young people lead positive change in their communities and around the world. Women Deliver helps make this happen.
Women Deliver is shifting the global landscape in favor of meaningful youth engagement, elevating young people to effectively advocate for gender equality and the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women—with an emphasis on sexual and reproductive health and rights—to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
The award-winning Women Deliver Young Leaders Program trains, elevates, and empowers youth advocates to assure young people have a say in the policies and programs that affect their lives.
Women Deliver will be accepting 300 young advocates for the next class of Young Leaders. The Women Deliver Young Leaders Program is a two-year program that trains, elevates, and empowers youth advocates to catalyze action for gender equality and the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women — with particular emphasis on sexual and reproductive health and rights and meaningful youth engagement.
The program provides youth advocates with the training and resources necessary to extend their influence and actively shape the programs and policies that affect their lives. Started in 2010, the award-winning Women Deliver Young Leaders Program is comprised of 400 youth advocates from more than 100 countries, with 300 more scheduled to join in early 2018.
The Young Leaders Program provides youth advocates with opportunities to build and strengthen their advocacy capacity and skills, through:
- Global visibility as champions for the health, rights, and well-being of girls and women.
- Networking opportunities with high-level decision-makers, stakeholders, media, private sector representatives, and other changemakers, including other youth advocates and activists working around the world.
- Digital University: Structured course work led by a faculty of experts provides a solid foundation that enables each Young Leader to enact change and deliver for girls and women.
- Speakers Bureau: The Women Deliver Speakers Bureau identifies national and global speaking opportunities for Young Leaders while elevating them to positions of influence and power, including on panels, on commissions, and on boards.
- Seed Grants: Women Deliver provides seed grants to select Young Leaders to implement short term advocacy and communications projects that they create in order to advance the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women in their communities and across the globe.
- Women Deliver Global Conference: All Young Leaders receive a full scholarship to attend a Women Deliver Global Conference 2019 in Canada from June 2-6, 2019. Young Leaders attend at two-day Youth Pre-Conference, participate in sessions at the Youth Zone, and receive numerous media and speaking opportunities.
- Media Opportunities & Training: The program provides in-depth media messaging and engagement training, designed to provide Young Leaders with a strong foundation to work with the media as a successful advocacy tool.
- Direct In-Country Advocacy: In their respective countries, Women Deliver Young Leaders Young Leaders work on the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at the grassroots and national levels through partnerships with civil society organizations and other key stakeholders.
- Alumni Network & Mentorship Opportunities: Upon successful completion of the program, membership in the Women Deliver Young Leaders global alumni network for continued learning, networking, and support.
Applicants must provide:
- Two reference letters
- A resume or CV
- Links to websites, videos, blogs, or other relevant items the applicant thinks would strengthen their application
- Confirmation of ability to attain a valid passport and visa to Canada to participate in the Women Deliver 2019 Conference, and complete international travel
- The Women Deliver Youth Engagement Working Group works closely with Women Deliver in a transparent process to review, score, and select the 300 young people for the 2018 Class of Women Deliver Young Leaders. Individuals who are selected to join the Women Deliver Young Leaders Program will be notified in December 2017, and the program will officially start in January 2018.