Deadline: July 19, 2018 00:00 CEST| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: You need to be non-professional filmmaker over 18 at the time of the application deadline
World Nomads Travel Film Scholarship 2018
This year, World Nomads wants to send one passionate individual to capture the diverse people, places and wildlife that make Tanzania an adventure hot-spot.
You could be filming in the shadows of Mt. Kilimanjaro and exploring the landscape with the locals to tell the stories of community, sustainability and tourism in this unique part of the world.
What you could win
- Free Flights: Receive round-trip airfare from your closest international airport to Tanzania.
- Professional Mentorship: Improve your skills on the field and during post-production under the mentorship of professional filmmaker Brian Rapsey.
- 12-day Trip: Capture the wildlife and communities of the Serengeti with help from adventure experts, OneSeed Expeditions.
- Audio Gear: Record superior sound for your film with new microphones courtesy of RØDE Microphones.
- Camera Bags: Protect your gear with style with specialised camera bags and accessories from Langly.
- Travel Insurance: As always, travel insurance for the trip provided by World Nomads.
How do I apply?
Make a 3-minute documentary. Your challenge is to go out and interview an amazing adventurer or inspiring traveller and bring to life their compelling travel story around one of the following themes:
Upload your film to YouTube or Vimeo. Please make sure your video is publicly accessible.
Complete the application form. In 1500 characters or less, tell us why you should be the scholarship recipient and what winning this opportunity would mean to you. Your answer will hold considerable weight in the judging process.
Strictly one application per person. The application must be submitted in English or with English subtitles.
What the judges are looking for
You’ll need to convince the judging panel through your application that you have the spirit of adventure and a passion for travel filmmaking.
A good travel documentary should:
- Convey a strong narrative in English (or with English subtitles)
- Focus on a specific travel story within a 3-minute timeframe
- Show us your interviewing skills and ability to coax a good story from your subject
- Demonstrate strong filmmaking skills
- Show originality
- Be visually engaging
Interested in applying for the World Nomads Travel Film Scholarship 2018? Register your participation by following the application link and taking the suggested steps.