Deadline: August 15, 2019 00:00 (CEST)| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Dates: September 2-6, 2019
Participation fee: starting from GBP 695,-
Eligibility: the forum invites all interested in Interest in International Affairs and Diplomacy between 18-35 years old
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Young Diplomats Forum 2019
The Young Diplomats Forum (YDF) is an intensive week-long programme of practical sessions, workshops, policy exercises and institutional visits delivered by world leading experts.
Set up to recognise, enhance and develop the next generation of diplomats. This community of exceptionally bright and accomplished future leaders will gain further insight, tools and opportunities to engage with key stakeholders at a crucial time in their careers and broaden their connections to influence global leaders.
The world’s leading event for young and aspiring diplomats
The 13th Edition of Young Diplomats Forum (YDF) is a meeting of 100 young and aspiring diplomats from over 75 countries covering every region in the world to tackle hot topics of international affairs.
Previous editions took place in Ankara (September 2013), Mexico (June 2014), London ( September 2014), Greece (June 2015), Croatia (September 2016), Latvia (September 2017), Malaysia (September 2018) and London (July 2019).
The proceedings and workshops of the forum engage young diplomats with Ambassadors, MPs, MEPs, Government officials, Media and Diplomacy experts on different issues of global affairs.
In addition, the Young Diplomats Forum is a cultural and entertaining experience that create international friendship amongst participants and engage with institutions in the host country and connect with the place.
Highlights of the week
- Diplomacy in the 21st Century ambassadors and leading experts
- Smart Diplomacy and Digital Diplomacy workshop on the case of the European Union
- Priorities of Belgium Foreign Policy and parliamentarian diplomacy with members of parliament
- Session on Belgium’s Soft Power and Brussels as a world’s Leading Diplomatic Hub
- The Future of the EU: A day long sessions with EU officials and Parliamentarians on EU Foreign Policy, Defence Union and institutional reforms
- The role of think tanks in Foreign Policy
- Institutional visits/sessions at the EU Commission, European Parliament, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Belgium, Belgium Parliament and NATO
- Cultural visits to historical sites and Museums
How to apply?
To apply for this year’s Young Diplomats Forum, you will need to send a current CV and personal statement that states your leadership aspiration: What impact do you want to have through your career? (no more than 500 words) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Participation fee is £995. The participation fee includes shared accommodation from the 1st- 6th September.
Food (breakfast and lunch), receptions, institutional and cultural visits are all included within the fee. For delegates not requiring accommodation, the participation fee is £695.
Interested in applying for the Young Diplomats Forum 2019? Register your participation by following the application link and taking the suggested steps.