Deadline: June 30, 2016 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Prizes: Medals and certificates
Eligibility:between the ages of 15 and 35
A global programme to empower young entrepreneurs to create a sustainable world.
17 Sustainable Development Goals To Make Our World A Better Place For All!
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and 169 related targets address the most important social, economic, environmental, health and governance challenges of our time. The Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition is a global programme and an online platform, which supports the implementation of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Young people from around the world are invited to submit their innovative ideas and projects with a societal impact, which champion and implement one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
The Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition & The Entrepreneurship Campus
Enter a free study programme & Get a Certificate in Entrepreneurship!
Young people have the opportunity to participate in an online study programme in entrepreneurship education at the Entrepreneurship Campus. There, you can graduate and receive a Certificate in Entrepreneurship from Stiftung Entrepreneurship Berlin. This Certificate offers young people a knowledgeable qualification in entrepreneurship. The certificate study programme is free of charge this year, and is sponsored by The Goi Peace Foundation, Stiftung Entrepreneurship and Digital Experts United.
- You are between the ages of 15 and 35
- You have an innovative idea for an enterprise which contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in your community:
- Goal 1: No Poverty – End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Goal 2: Zero Hunger – End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Goal 3: Good Health and Well-Being – Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Goal 4: Quality Education – Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- Goal 5: Gender Equality – Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Goal 6: Clean Water and Sanitation – Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
- Goal 7: Affordable and Clean Energy – Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all
- Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth – Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- Goal 9:Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure – Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities – Reduce inequality within and among countries
- Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities – Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
- Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production – Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- Goal 13: Climate Action – Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- Goal 14: Life Below Water – Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- Goal 15: Life on Land – Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
- Goal 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions – Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
- Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals – Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
OR, You are operating such an enterprise in the form of a business, a non-profit organization or an informal program AND
3. You are able to submit your entry in English.
Make sure to read the competition guidelines.
Grand Prize, 2nd Prize, 3rd Prize and People’s Choice Prize winners will be selected in each of the following two categories:
- Best Projects Category
Already existing enterprise which has demonstrated social impact
- Best Ideas Category
Innovative ideas and plans to be implemented (by the entrant or by others)
- Grand Prize winners and the People’s Choice Prize winners will receive a Gold Medal and a Certificate.
- Second Prize winners will receive a Silver Medal and a Certificate.
- Third Prize winners will receive a Bronze Medal and a Certificate.
- Finalists not chosen as prize winners will receive Honorable Mention.
- Entrepreneurship Campus Prize winners will receive a Certificate.
Grand Prize and People’s Choice winners, Second Prize and Third Prize winners, and the Youth Citizen Entrepreneurship Competition winners will be announced at the Entrepreneurship Summit in Berlin on 9 October 2016.