Deadline: December 7, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. (Atlantic Time)| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Date: January 25-27, 2017
Location: Wu Centre, UNB Fredericton Campus
If you are an aspiring entrepreneur, this is the opportunity that you have been waiting for! Put together a top-notch business plan and bring it to the University of New Brunswick. For three days every year, in conjunction with their major sponsor, BMO Financial Group, UNB brings together aspiring entrepreneurs from across Canada and around the world to compete in the region’s premier business plan competition.
Teams compete in a variety of events at either the undergrad or graduate levels in front of accomplished judges in the fields of marketing, finance and entrepreneurship. The competition is designed to challenge participants to think outside the box.
The BMO Financial Group Apex Business Plan Competition creates an atmosphere for entrepreneurial-minded students to come together to celebrate talent, encourage entrepreneurship as a viable option for the future, prepare for the challenges of a volatile global marketplace and, most importantly, have fun.
The BMO Financial Group Apex Business Plan Competition gives participants a chance to develop, direct, organize and present a business plan to a panel of judges. These judges will select the most plausible and promising business plan in each track and award cash prizes to each successful team. Prizes will also be awarded to the first and second runners-up as well as individual awards, such as Viewer’s Choice Award. The BMO Financial Group Apex Business Plan Competition is proud to announce that there is over $19,000 in cash and prizes available for successful teams in the competition, and more is coming!
This competition is a tremendous undertaking that has been made possible only through the generous support from sponsors, judges, faculty and administration of the participating schools, and the community.
In six years the Activator Program has helped to launch 8 businesses from the ground up by putting students to work alongside inventors and entrepreneurs.
This year, the BMO Financial Group Apex Business Plan Competition is proud to announce that there is over $19,000 in prizes available. The following are some of the categories in which prize money will be awarded:
- A Grand Prize of $5000 will be awarded in each track (Graduate and Undergraduate) to the teams with the best overall Business Plan.
- A prize will be awarded to the first and second runners-up in each track.
- A prize will be awarded to the school worthy of the “Entrepreneurial Powerhouse” award.
- A prize will be awarded to the team who signs up before the Early Bird Registration is due.
- A prize will be awarded to the team with the best Elevator Pitch based on the judges scores.
- A prize will be awarded to the team with the best Elevator Pitch based on the “Viewers Choice”.
- A prize will be awarded to the team with the best pitch in the final rounds based on the “Viewers Choice”.
- All of the winners will be announced at the gala awards dinner following the competition.
Entrants must submit Participant and Team Registration Forms no later than Wednesday, December 7, 2016 by 4:00 p.m. AST. Click here for a registration form, where they can be downloaded and then submitted electronically or faxed to:
University of New Brunswick
Faculty of Business Administration
International Business & Entrepreneurship Centre (IBEC)
PO 4400 Fredericton, NB E3B 5A3
email@example.com Attention: Marina David
Download and read the full PDF version of the Apex guidelines.
Read the full online version of the Apex guidelines.