Deadline: March 22, 2016 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility:Startups from Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Russia
Dates:May 9-11, 2016, followed by a tailor-made, 4-months incubation program from June to October, 2016 including virtual and face-to-face meetings and mentoring sessions in Bonn, London, Berlin and Dublin.
Intel, Cisco and Deutsche Telekom invite IoT startups from Europe, Middle East and Africa for the second edition of ChallengeUp! 2016
Got a startup in IoT or related areas?
Join ChallengeUp! 2016 and get the access to global customers, corporate resources and ecosystem. Don’t miss your chance of networking with top-notch investors!
The main areas of the program are Internet of Things (“IoT”) / Internet of Everything (“IoE”) and related fields in connected/ smart solutions (smart home, smart city, smart energy, Industry 4.0), Information Security, Big Data, Analytics, Connectivity and Cloud Computing.
ChallengeUp! is the joint initiative by Intel, Cisco and Deutsche Telekom powered by hub:raum Krakow and hub:raum Berlin. The Internet of Things accelerator for startups from the EMEAR region is a unique combination of three committed industry leading corporations: which means bringing together knowledge, experience, client database, distribution channels, human resources, technology and infrastructure for participating startups.
Do you want to know how the ChallengeUp! program feels from the inside?
Check out this testimony:
The program aims at helping startups go to market faster through joint projects, mentoring, high-value networking and corporate assets. Startups that successfully complete the program may be eligible for potential co-investment from the three corporations and can get support for commercializing their product or service in global markets.
The program unites the resources and experience of the corporate startup programs of each company: Cisco Entrepreneurs in Residence (Cisco EIR), Intel Business Challenge Europe and hub:raum by Deutsche Telekom.
ChallengeUp! is free to early-stage entrepreneurs and startups with no-strings attached (no equity in return for participation).
This year’s edition will consist of 5 meetings during which selected teams will share their ideas with experts and mentors.
Key elements of the program are selection days, which will be held in hub:raum Krakow on May 9-11, 2016. This will be followed by a tailor-made, 4-months incubation program from June to October, including virtual and face-to-face meetings and mentoring sessions in Bonn, London, Berlin and Dublin.
Key parts of the program
- mentoring by business and technology experts to accelerate product development
- opportunities for high-value networking with executives
- go-to market support leveraging the resources of Cisco, Deutsche Telekom and Intel.
The biggest value for participating startups is the support they can get from the Organizers (Intel, Cisco, Deutsche Telekom). Startups can count on financing opportunities, access to innovation, expert networks all around the world as well as technology and business know-how. All three companies have a long track record in running startup programs, and can use their experience for the benefit of the ChallengeUp! program.
Focus on the IoT
IoT is the next big phase of the Internet as well as the convergence point of several related big trends (mobility, cloud, Big Data and security) that are intersecting to make IoT possible through a series of machine-to-machine, person-to-machine and person-to-person connections.
Making these connections is a natural extension of Intel, Cisco and Deutsche Telekom’s business activities and strategies for innovation. will create new capabilities, richer experiences and economic opportunities for our customers and partners by working together.
Making these connections is a natural extension of Intel, Cisco and Deutsche Telekom’s business activities and strategies for innovation. We will create new capabilities, richer experiences and economic opportunities for our customers and partners by working together.
The Internet of Things/Everything (IoE) is the next evolution of the Internet and will dramatically change existing industries. This is why Intel, Cisco and hub:raum powered by Deutsche Telekom put significant efforts into developing solutions for their customers.
They believe that the time is ripe, with the first IoT/IoE frameworks defined, for the industry to embrace open innovation to accelerate the transformations that these technologies will bring.
ChallengeUp! is looking for innovations, new technologies with potential for developing new business opportunities in the fields of:
- IoT and IoE
- Smart/connected solutions
- Industry 4.0
- Big data
- Smart City and Infrastructure
- Information security
- Technology and Solutions for Connectivity
- Cloud computing
- Support to accelerate the go-to-market preparation and commercialization of the projects
- Access to expert networks all around the world offers startups the technology and business know-how need to succeed
- The startups best at executing their solution while in the program are eligible for potential co-investment from Cisco, Intel and Deutsche Telekom as well as with leading corporate venture funds.
- The program is free to start-ups, no equity is required for participation, and startups keep their Intellectual Property. ChallengeUp! will even cover some travel and accommodation costs incurred through the program.
- Entrepreneurs/startups representing projects in IoT / IoE who are above 18 years old.
- Startups must be based in Europe, the Middle East, Africa or Russia.
- The startups may submit projects individually or as a team and they may be accompanied by mentors.
You can download The ChallengeUp 2016 Rules and Regulations here.