Deadline: February 22, 2016 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Date: May 16, 2016
Eligibility: Young French American entrepreneurs launching their business ventures in the US
Prize: a cash prize of $10,000
Location: New York City, USA
Are you a French-American entrepreneur launching a new project in the US?
The French American Entrepreneurship Award (FAEA) is an annual startup competition. The Award was launched in2008 as an initiative of Club600. Its goal is to help young French American entrepreneurs launch their business ventures in the US and to provide guidance from experienced business leaders.
Each entry will be judged by their jury, whose members representing a breadth of expertise in variety of areas of business and industries. Pitches will be evaluated against five criteria: clarity, market and customer needs analysis, innovation, entrepreneurial background of entrants, and early market success. Two winners will be selected by the audience during the Award Ceremony held in New York City on May 16 2016.
The French American Entrepreneurship Award 2016 prizes are a cash prize of $10,000 for the first place winner and of $5,000 for the second place winner. Both winners will also receive in-kind prizes, coaching and media exposure to help them accelerate the development of their startup in the US.
- Company founders who are 35 years of age or under,
- Fluent in both French and English,
- Early stage projects (three years or fewer in business),
- Product or service that is commercially viable with a demonstrated ability to generate revenues.
- The project must be operated in and for the US market.
- Completeyour Application Form, including a short description of your project and agree to the Award Rules.
- You will receive an email confirmation as soon as your application is received. Once you receive a confirmation email, please answer that email by submitting your Business Overview by February 22 2016
- You will get a notification if you are one of the six semi-finalists by March 14 2016.
Semifinal round: Six teams will be asked to submit a Pitch Deck by April 8 2016 for jury review. These six teams will also be invited to present in-person to the jury in New York City on May 22 2016. Four teams will be selected for the finals (Editor’s note: we )
Final round: The following evening, May 23 2016 the four finalists will present at The French American Entrepreneurship Award 2016 Ceremony where the two winners will be selected via live audience voting.
- This year, the FAEA will award a cash prize of $10,000 for the first place winner and of $5,000 for the second place winner.
- Both of the two winners will also receive in-kind prizes, coaching and media exposure to help them accelerate the development of their startup in the US.