The World Bank Young Professionals Program offers an exciting career opportunity for young individuals and the prospect to grow as leaders in the technical and management areas of the World Bank Group.
It is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to the WBG technical/operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources and others; as well as to WBG corporate areas such as communications, information technology, human resources and corporate finance.
To be competitive for this highly selective program, candidates need to demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership capability.
- Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank.
- 32 years of age or younger (i.e. born on or after October 1, 1983).
- A PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Full proficiency in one or more of the WBG’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is desired but not required.
- Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources and others; and other WBG corporate areas such as communications, information technology, human resources and corporate finance.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level.
Young Professionals are offered a 5-year term contract, spend 24 months in a structured development program, and enjoy a variety of benefits and opportunities.
- Ensure that you use either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher as your browser version.
- You will be asked to register for an account and provide an email address.
- You must complete your application in a single session and will be able to submit it only if you have uploaded all the required documents and answered all the questions (all questions marked with an asterisk-*- are required).
- Provide the most current contact information. The information should be valid for a period of one year. In case your contact information changes during the selection process, it is your responsibility to email us the updated information.
- Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your e mail address, since this will be our main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy.
- Remember to enter your complete phone number (country code + city code + number).
Please attach the following documents (mandatory):
- Education Certificates/Transcripts
- PhD Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topic (short summary), if applicable
- Application Essay
Note that each file should not exceed 5 MB each, and should be in the following format: .doc, .docx, or .pdf
- Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any further changes/updates.
- Applicants will be informed of their status as the process moves along.
World Bank Young Professionals Program 2016
5-year employment contract in the technical and management areas of the World Bank Group
Deadline: July 31, 2015
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]