Deadline: April 4, 2019 00:00 (CEST)| Apply here
Eligibility: For-profit startups from every industry are invited to apply. Particular attention will be given to the scalability of the ventures. Startups should demonstrate a plan to reach national or international impact. Additionally, there should be some progress against the concept (e.g.; a prototype, minimum viable product, etc.). Startups planning to scale and remain in the St. Louis region are encouraged to apply.
Location: St. Louis, the United States
Arch Grants Global Startup Competition 2019
The Arch Grants Global Startup Competition awards $50,000 equity-free cash grants and pro bono support services to innovative and scalable startups that agree to locate their business in St. Louis for at least one year.
Arch Grants is not only a source of equity-free funding for startups, but an opportunity to root your business within a growing entrepreneurial hub surrounded by mentors, supporters, and innovative collaborators.
Arch Grants recipients receive $50,000 and a host of support services to grow their business. Its startups are seen as the top notch, early-stage, scalable and innovative companies in the region.
- $50,000 equity-free, cash grant
- Pro bono and discounted services in essential business areas (legal, accounting, marketing, HR, banking, etc)
- Personal introductions to strategic business and civic leaders
- Access to angel investment and venture capital networks
- Educational programming
- Access to Arch Grants leadership
- Talent acquisition/recruiting services
- Professional and high-level business mentorship
- Relocation assistance
- Social support and community integration services
- Inclusion into a community of innovative entrepreneurs
Who should apply?
Arch Grants is looking for innovative technologies, products, or services, wrapped within scalable for-profit business models with the potential to make a national or international impact.
Preference will be given to companies that are beyond idea stage; bring with them teams of talented, diverse, and value-additive individuals; and demonstrate that the grant money and support services have a meaningful impact on company growth.
The competition aims to attract entrepreneurs who are already located in St. Louis OR are willing to relocate there. Basing your business in St. Louis is a requirement for receiving the grant. All of the current entrepreneurs are investing their time in making the St. Louis startup scene even stronger.
The Arch Grants Global Startup Competition is an industry-agnostic competition; it has funded startups in the following areas:
- Agricultural Technology
- Big Data
- Food Technology
- Bio Technology
- Financial Technology
- Educational Technology
- Hardware Technology
- Health Technology / Healthcare IT
- Medical Devices
- Social Ventures
- Civic Technology
- …and many more!
- Locate headquarters or significant operations within St. Louis City for at least one year.
- Provide data on jobs created, revenue generated, and follow-on capital.
- Track and report expenditures of the grant.
- Provide service to or on behalf of Arch Grants for an average of 8 hours per quarter for one year.
- Have at least 51% of your founding team, or at least one full-time founder AND 51% of the full team, working full-time on the business in St. Louis City.
- Participate in program events coordinated by Arch Grants.
Interested in applying for the Arch Grants Global Startup Competition 2019? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.