Deadline: November 1, 2020 00:00 CET| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Dates: March 25-27, 2021
Eligibility: Eligible for student teams all over the world
Location: Waco, the United States
Baylor New Venture Competition 2021
Baylor New Venture Competition is a business plan and elevator pitch competition that showcases collegiate entrepreneurs from across the globe.
The differentiator in the Baylor New Venture Competition and other competitions is the focus on encouraging student entrepreneurs worldwide to catalyze and grow their business.
The competition provides participants with personal and professional development through
- industry-specific mentorship towards sustainable business plans
- exclusive access to accomplished experts and fellow innovators
- and a chance to compete for over $250,000 in cash prizes and vital resources
Applicants will receive expert advice throughout the competition cycle:
- Executive Summary Feedback
- Business Plan Feedback
- One-on-One Mentorship
- Rounds of Presentation Style Coaching Both Online and On-Site
- Feedback Sessions
- Final Presentation Feedback
The competition includes a day of presentation coaching exclusive to the finals teams followed by a day of valuable feedback sessions. Saturday’s itinerary includes the finals rounds and culminates with the Awards Banquet and Elevator Pitch Competition.
The Baylor New Venture Competition is successful because of the support from hundreds of experienced entrepreneurs, business leaders and sponsors.
Round 1: Executive Summary (Online)
- Teams submit a 2-page Executive Summary of their business concept and verification of student status.
- The Top 50 teams will be chosen and notified of their advancement to the next round.
Round 2: Business Plan (Online)
- The Top 50 teams will submit a full business plan, cap table, verification of establishment of a legal entity and tax forms.
- The Top 10 Finalist Teams will then be assigned a mentor and compete in the finals at Baylor University.
Live Presentation Rounds at Baylor University in Waco, Texas:
- Individualized, in-depth coaching sessions
- Kickoff Events and Feedback Sessions
- Five of the 10 finalist teams will be randomly chosen to present to a panel of judges. Judges will score each team and record feedback comments.
- The remaining 5 of the 10 finalist teams will present to the panel of judges. Judges will score each team and record feedback comments.
- Judges will review presentations and finalize their scoring. Award winners will be determined and announced at the Awards Banquet on Saturday evening.
Elevator Pitch Competition during Awards Banquet
- Pitches must be no longer than 90 seconds. Pitches will be hard stopped at the 90-second mark.
Interested in applying for the Baylor New Venture Competition 2021? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.