Deadline: March 1, 2020 00:00 (CET)| Apply or nominate here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Entrepreneurs, innovators, and entrepreneur-supporting organizations are invited to apply for the Canada Innovation & Entrepreneurship Awards
CANIE Awards 2020
The Canada Innovation & Entrepreneurship Awards (also known as the CANIE Awards) is the Innovators and Entrepreneurs Foundation’s flagship program recognizing excellence in Canadian innovation and entrepreneurship.
Their mission is to inspire current and aspiring entrepreneurs to create innovative, and highly-productive enterprises with social impact.
Promoting innovation and entrepreneurship in Canada
Nearly 70% of jobs in Canada are attributable to small businesses, however, half of the owners of enterprises from this segment will retire in the next decade.
This presents a unique opportunity to encourage Canadian entrepreneurs to build innovative, and highly productive enterprises that create new jobs and wealth.
To maintain and increase prosperity, Canada needs more startups; ambitious, scalable, sustainable businesses that foster economic growth and social development.
By sharing award recipients’ stories of resilience and success, the CANIE Awards will inspire present and future generations to become leading entrepreneurs with an innovative and global mindset.
- Recognize excellence in innovation and entrepreneurship across Canada by celebrating the impressive journeys and achievements of disruptors that contribute every day to the country’s entrepreneurial landscape
- Build a network of individuals and organizations that share our passion for supporting the Canadian entrepreneurial ecosystem and want to contribute to its future
- Inspire Canada’s present and future generations to be entrepreneurial innovators by sharing stories of leadership, resilience, disruption, and success in entrepreneurship.
Promote entrepreneurial mindsets among Canadian youth with workshops on innovation, ideation, and execution
- Increase awareness of Canada’s entrepreneurship ecosystem and the importance of strengthening our culture of innovation
- Inspire others to make an impact by telling your story of resilience and legacy
Inspire others to make an impact by telling your story of resilience and success!
The CANIE Awards celebrate and distinguish outstanding achievement in advancing Canadian entrepreneurship and innovation while making a positive social impact in their communities.
Individuals and organizations can self-nominate or nominate someone else for a CANIE Award.
Awarded to individual entrepreneurs who have impacted Canadian entrepreneurship through exemplary growth and leadership of their companies and their engagement in the entrepreneurship community.
The applicant must be a highly successful entrepreneur in any industry. The individual leads and inspires by example due to their passion and resilience.
Enterprise Support Award
Awarded to individuals, startups, government organizations, not-for-profits, academic institutions, and private for-profit businesses that demonstrate excellence in advancing Canadian entrepreneurship through their leadership, innovation, and impact.
The applicant must be a leading community builder that has already made an impact in their local entrepreneurial ecosystem and has contributed to the overall development and economic growth of the region.
Awarded to individuals, startups, and SMEs whose high-impact innovation improves the quality of life in Canadian society.
The applicant’s innovative solution may apply to systems, programs, products, services, or policies.
The adjudication panel will assess the applications based on the following criteria:
- Impact – Immediate and long term impact in terms of job creation and improved living economics in their community through their entrepreneurial undertakings.
- Commercial Success – Significant growth and long term potential of the nominee’s entrepreneurial undertakings. The entrepreneur’s product/service/business must have been validated in the marketplace.
- Game-changer – The individual is a leader and an inspiration due to their best practices, business’ revenue model, corporate culture, and ability to overcome adversity.
Interested in applying for the CANIE Awards 2020? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.