Deadline: April 3, 2018 05:59 GMT-0600
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game] | Apply here
Eligibility: Must be enrolled full time at a 4-year accredited university/college in one of the following degree programs: Bachelors or Masters Degree in Finance. GPA requirements 3.0/4.0 GPA (both Finance GPA & Cumulative GPA). Must have 12 completed semester hours prior to start of internship
Location: Applicants will be considered for positions throughout the United States.
Caterpillar Corporate Finance Internship Program 2018
For nearly 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent.
Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets.
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines, and diesel-electric locomotives.
They don’t just build great products, we pair them with the newest digital technologies and analytics to solve problems and anticipate customer needs.
Internship program details
During the Corporate Finance Internship Program, you will have the opportunity to gain valuable on-the-job experience and contribute to real-world projects in one or more of the following areas including Corporate Cash Management, Employee Benefits Fund Management, Foreign Exchange/Commodities Risk Management, Corporate Funding, Accounts Receivables or Supplier Finance.
As a finance intern, you will perform the same tasks as Entry Level Finance Analysts.
- Summer 2018:
5/21/18 – 8/10/18
- Fall 2018:
8/20/18 – 12/7/18
- Spring 2019:
1/7/19 – 4/26/19
This is a 40 hour per week assignment, lasting 16 weeks in Fall and Spring and 12 weeks in Summer.
Besides exciting work, corporate interns will experience
- Comprehensive internship orientation
- Travel Reimbursement
- Tours of state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
- Product Demonstrations
- Various social events
- Networking with leadership
- Intern roundtable discussions
- Business skill building
- Career discussion with leaders and experts
- Resume and Interview workshop
- 3 personal days and paid holiday
- And more!
Applicants will be considered for positions throughout the United States.
More reasons to apply
Thousands of Caterpillar employees come into work every day. While they perform their daily tasks, they’re really contributing to the work of a powerful global team.
Caterpillar knows that innovation happens step-by-step, piece-by-piece, person-by-person. Everyone has a vital role to play at the organization.
Modest, small projects can grow and evolve into groundbreaking, world-changing technologies, machines, services and more through collaboration and teamwork in a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Caterpillar couldn’t be the company it is today without the men and women who shape it by producing their best work.
Because employees power the success of Caterpillar, the company is committed to empowering the success of the employees.
When employees win, so does Caterpillar.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please attach a copy of your resume and an unofficial copy of your transcripts, to your application.
- Must be enrolled full time at a 4-year accredited university/college in one of the following degree programs: Bachelors or Masters Degree in Finance
- GPA requirements 3.0/4.0 GPA (both Finance GPA & Cumulative GPA).
- 12 completed semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- If a transfer student must have 12 semester hours completed at 4-year university
- Must be able to relocate to Peoria, IL area or indicated work location for the duration of the internship, and complete daily work commute using reliable transportation.
Top Candidates will also have:
- Previous finance internship and/or work experience
- Strong initiative, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Leadership involvement in student associations
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Excel.