Deadline: rolling basis | Apply here
Eligibility: Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.8/4.0 (no rounding) or 3.0/4.0 depending on functional area
Full-time student (12 semester hours) attending a four-year university and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
Location: Various locations
Caterpillar Corporate Intern Program
Caterpillar’s Corporate Intern Program gives students the opportunity to gain practical, challenging and meaningful on-the-job work experience while working for the world’s largest manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and a wide and growing offering of related services.
- A true global leader: Caterpillar’s legacy of industry leadership dates back to 1925. More than 300 products make up the most diverse product line in the industry.
- A dynamic and flexible career: Global exposure and opportunities, deep employee and leadership development resources, and compelling career paths make it possible to have the flexibility and excitement of a diverse career without needing to “start over” at a new company.
- Potential for boundless growth: Caterpillar offers a clear strategic vision that requires the best talent to execute, providing great opportunities for growth. The company’s continual global growth leads to new development opportunities. The long average tenure of our employees speaks to the satisfaction with career growth.
Internship opportunities are available in:
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
Your interest, course of study and the availability of openings determine the possibilities. From the start, interns are challenged to demonstrate their strengths and apply their knowledge to help us achieve our business strategy.
Perks of the program include:
- Organized social activities, such as sporting events, riverboat cruises, and intern barbecues
- Teambuilding events and etiquette to enhance your business savvy
- Facility tours that show you how iron is made and machines are produced
- Networking with leadership and other professionals
- Learning more about career opportunities available at Caterpillar
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.8/4.0 (no rounding) or 3.0/4.0 depending on functional area
- Full-time student (12 semester hours) attending a four-year university and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship
- If transferred from a two-year university, have completed 12 semester hours at the four-year university prior to the start of the internship
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States
Compensation and Benefits
Corporate interns are well compensated with a competitive salary, paid holidays and three paid days off per internship session. Compensation is based on the number of semester hours that you have completed toward your undergraduate/graduate degree or PhD.
Corporate interns can also take advantage of employee discounts on Caterpillar merchandise, cell phone service, computers and more.
Keeping you there
When your assignment ends, there is a good chance that your connection with Caterpillar will continue. Many of the interns get infused with yellow blood and join Team Caterpillar either directly or by joining one of our developmental programs. You could also join the company for another internship to learn even more about Caterpillar.
How to apply
Interested candidates should check with their university career services or placement office about Caterpillar recruiting opportunities. To view a list of openings or to apply, submit your online application and resume through the website.