Deadline: July 9, 2017 | Apply here
Dates: September 4-8, 2017
Eligibility: You must be between 18 to 30 years old, from South Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, China, and India (as for applicants from Europe, their work must have impact in Asia), should have founded or co-founded their own social venture, which is already operational and addresses a relevant social problem
ChangemakerXchange Summit 2017
The ChangemakerXchange is a global collaboration platform for young social innovators.
It gathers some of the world’s most exciting changemakers at impact retreats in beautiful spaces around the world for the exchange and co-creation of ideas.
The Summit is calling on young founders of social ventures with impact in Asia! Co-created by Ashoka and the Robert Bosch Stiftung, the ChangemakerXchange is a global collaboration platform for young innovators to connect and co-create with peers around the world!
- Inspirational people: ChangemakerXchange brings together some of the world’s top social innovators, who have dedicated their lives to solving a social problem and have the skills and mindset to collaborate for collective impact.
- Dynamic, participant-led agenda: The Summit has no panels, no power-points, no guest speakers or site visits. We believe the magic comes through an open and flexible participant-led agenda which leverages the collective intelligence of the group. There is a strong emphasis both on maximizing social impact and on personal wellbeing.
- Unique spaces: ChangemakerXchange are strong believers in ‘placemaking’ and that the venue of an event has a profound influence on the dynamics of the group. Therefore the Summit is run in beautiful and unique retreat style locations away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
ChangemakerXchange will cover 100% of all travel as well as most of the conference costs for all 4 nights and 5 days (including flight costs, accommodation, inner city travel, food, entrance fees and more).
To qualify, applicants for ChangemakerXchange
- must be between 18 to 30 years old (only 3 slots are reserved for applicants aged 29 and 30)
- should have founded or co-founded their own social venture, which is already operational and addresses a relevant social problem (having an idea or actively volunteering is, unfortunately, not enough)
- must be able to speak English well enough to listen to sessions, participate in discussions, and give presentations
- should be skilled, knowledgeable, and able to play an active role in a community of collaborative young social entrepreneurs
- must come from South Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, the Philippines, Thailand, Singapore, China, and India (as for applicants from Europe, their work must have impact in Asia)