Deadline: November 1, 2022 00:00 CET
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]| Apply here
Eligibility: undergraduate and graduate students from Chevening-eligible countries with two-year work experience. Having a master’s degree does not prevent you from applying for a Chevening Award to study for a second master’s degree in the UK!
Location: the United Kingdom
Chevening Scholarship 2022
The Chevening Scholarships enable outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to pursue one-year master’s degrees in the UK.
Whilst there is no ‘typical’ Chevening Scholar, the program gathers the kind of people who have the passion, ideas, and influence to provide the solutions and leadership needed to create a better future.
Fully-funded one-year master’s degree
Chevening Scholarship covers flights, accommodation, and course fees. You are free to focus on achieving your professional goals and maximising the experience of a lifetime.
You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
On completing your studies, you will leave the UK equipped with the knowledge and networks necessary to bring your own ideas to life.
The UK is home to many of the world’s best universities, but why else might you want to study here?
Master’s courses in the UK typically last for one year, which is shorter than in many other countries. Master’s degrees are challenging but UK universities provide an environment for students to flourish, whilst developing their skills.
It is no wonder that student satisfaction rates are almost 90% for international students!
There are many more reasons to experience the United Kingdom:
- The UK has internationally-acclaimed creative industries that have consistently generated global talents.
- Although there’s nothing quite like fish and chips by the sea, or a warm cottage pie on a winter’s night, the UK has moved beyond its traditional staples to embrace new cuisines.
- Studying in the UK allows you to immerse yourself in the English language for a sustained period of time. You’ll master the global language of commerce, science, and technology.
- The UK is one of the most diverse countries in the world and has a long history of welcoming visitors, especially students, from around the globe.
- Whether it’s a helpful local or a chatty barkeeper, Brits continue to welcome people of all nationalities, cultures, and faiths, as it has done throughout its history.
- From the Scottish Highlands to the Lake District, Snowdonia, and the Isle of Wight, nature lovers will truly be in their element.
- Packed with historic monuments, stately homes, castles, and cathedrals, there are countless well-preserved sites of historical interest in the UK.
- The UK is brimming with famous authors, from Shakespeare to Austen, Dahl, Dickens, and Woolf, who were inspired by UK culture and the societies in which they lived. Study in the UK and you can visit the very places where these timeless works are set, experiencing the Britain of generations past (both real and fictitious).
- The UK is home to Premier League football, and it annually hosts the London Marathon, F1 Grand Prix, Wimbledon, and many other events. But the UK is more than just a good place to watch elite sports. For those who like participating in sports, access to facilities is affordable for students and, in many places, free.
Interested in applying for the Chevening Scholarship 2022? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.