Deadline: December 30, 2020 00:00 (CET)| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: The eligible applicants must be 18 years old or older and have incorporated as a nonprofit, for-profit, or hybrid organization, or have a fiscal sponsor.
Creating Shared Values Prize 2021
Nestlé is on the lookout for system-changing projects that will support its vision of ensuring that none of our packaging, including plastics, ends up in landfill or as litter.
Together with Ashoka, the Creating Shared Value Prize will reward and support innovative solutions that address packaging waste.
How do we create a waste-free future?
With packaging waste, including plastics, continuing to accumulate in landfills and in our oceans, endangering wildlife, tackling plastic pollution has never been so pressing.
At the same time, packaging plays an important role in safely delivering food and beverages to consumers and reducing food loss and waste.
Are you innovating in sustainable packaging?
Nestle’s vision is that none of their packaging, including plastics, ends up in landfill or as litter. Nestlé committed to make 100% of its packaging recyclable or reusable by 2025 and to reduce its use of virgin plastics by one-third in the same period.
Nestlé has made strides in its transformative journey towards a waste-free future. They are taking actions by using new and recyclable materials for packaging; second, by investing in waste management infrastructure; and third, by working with consumers, customers and society in general to encourage responsible behavior.
They know that they have more work to do and are determined to look at every option to solve complex packaging challenges and embrace multiple solutions that can have an immediate impact.
This is why we are looking for the changemakers that need to be put in the spotlight and support social enterprises that address critical issues facing communities around the world.
Nestle Creating Shared Values Prize is looking for high-quality initiatives that address challenges such as:
- What alternative pragmatic, simple materials and safe ways to protect food & beverage can be offered?
- How can production models and delivery systems be redesigned to eliminate waste?
- What can food & beverage packaging become after consumption to be a resource for new usage?
- What ground-up solutions are there to tackle packaging waste in communities?
- How can consumers, suppliers, and producers be incentivized to adopt a circularity mindset?
All eligible participants will:
- Receive customized feedback delivered by Nestlé’s employees, trained by Ashoka.
- Participate in a webinar on system change.
- Have the potential to be selected as an Ashoka Fellow.
Finalists (up to 10) will gain access to:
- Workshops to explore the potential of collaboration with Nestlé and its employees.
- A virtual workshop on co-creation and system change with key Nestlé employees and Ashoka.
- One Ashoka Europe Fellowship module (system change, new leadership, hybrid social finance, replication and transfer, OR well-being).
Specially Commended (up to 5) & Winner will:
- Receive cash prize up to CHF 250 000 to be allocated to the 5 specially commended and the overall winner (based on the ranking and project sizes).
- Mentoring from Nestlé employees.
- Gain visibility through Ashoka and Nestlé’s media and social media activities.
Interested in applying for the Creating Shared Values Prize 2021? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.