Deadline: January 12, 2018 00:00 (CET)
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game] | Apply here
Eligibility: Applicants should be aged between 23 to 45 years from the eligible countries listed below.
Currently enrolled university students will not be considered for selection.
CrossCulture Programme 2018
The CrossCulture Programme (CCP) is an exchange and dialogue programme of Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen, funded by the German Federal Foreign Office.
Since 2005 it offers young professionals and committed volunteers the opportunity to expand their professional and political competence as well as to gather international experience through a stay in another cultural context.
Scholarships within the CrossCulture Programme are offered in the following work areas:
- Politics & Society
- Human Rights & Peace Building
- Sustainable Development
- Media & Culture
The scholarship will last at least eight weeks and up to a maximum of three months and will be individually scheduled according to profile, needs and availability.
The scholarships will be supplemented by a tailor-made framework programme – for example, accompanying events or individual visits– during the stay in the host country.
The CrossCulture Programme scholarships are characterised by the fact that they can be individually adapted to the requirements and wishes of the scholarship holders both in terms of content and organisation.
Thanks to this personalised and needs-oriented concept, they are very well-suited in supporting the programme participants to acquire professional and intercultural competence in their specific area of work and thus extending their ability to engage in dialogue.
Grants for each fellow vary by the duration of stay, but a full monthly grant for living expenses is 550 EUR for fellows from abroad.
In addition, the following costs are covered by IFA:
- accommodation in Germany
- health insurance
- travel expenses incl. visa fees
- public transportation at the destination city
For fellows from Germany, the full monthly grant for living expenses is 1100 EUR. These include costs for accommodation and local transport in the host country. In addition, the following costs are covered by IFA:
- health insurance
- refund of travel expenses (economy flight) incl. visa fee
Travel expenses: The round trip flight is booked and paid by IFA. Once your travel arrangements have been confirmed and you have received your ticket it is not possible to change its schedule. Extra or oversize luggage that is not included in your ticket cannot be covered by IFA.
Health insurance: You will be informed about the conditions of health insurance and the services provided by IFA when you receive the Fellowship Award Letter.
Accommodation: CCP fellows from abroad will be provided with furnished accommodation in Germany – either a room in a shared apartment or within a family or a small apartment with bathroom and cooking facilities. Electricity, heating and water are included. Internet access or a phone might not be available in the apartment, but can be bought by the CCP fellow.
- Applicants should show a good command of English and a permanent involvement in an organisation or institution in one’s own country.
- Knowledge of the German language is an additional qualification, not a requirement.
- Applicants should be aged between 23 to 45 years.
- Currently enrolled university students will not be considered for selection.
- Furthermore, the applicants must be in good health.
- Their physical, as well as mental working capacity, must be sufficient for the requirements of a longer stay abroad and the essential work requirements of the internship.
- Eligible applicants should have the nationality of one of the countries listed below:
Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Egypt, Germany, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Republic of the Sudan, Tajikistan, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan
Countries of the CCP-Module “Eastern Partnership and Russia”:
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Germany, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, Russia, Ukraine
The application has to be submitted exclusively online. Please prepare the following templates for the upload:
- a letter of motivation, describing your reasons to apply for an internship in Germany, your expectations (experiences and learning) as well as the period most suitable for your participation.
- your CV with information about your current professional position
- recommendation by your home organization, showing their interest for your participation in the programme and their willingness to grant a leave of absence
- a portrait photograph