Dates: October 17-20, 2017 | Register here
Prices: starting from USD 595,-
Location: St. Louis, The United States
Discovery Summit 2017
Your gateway to data exploration
At Discovery Summit, brilliant data analysts gather to exchange best practices in data exploration and play with both new and proven statistical techniques.
There’s no better time to learn from fellow JMP users and to grow your network of analytically minded people.
At the conference you will:
- Explore broad analytic ideas with world-renowned authorities in statistics, technology and innovation.
- Participate in one-to-one conversations with JMP® developers and users from all industries.
- Learn first-rate statistical techniques.
- Find inspiration for interacting with your data to see patterns and trends.
- Make analytics your framework for decision making, rather than an afterthought.
- Add value to your organization by implementing strategy more efficiently.
These courses combine lectures, software demonstrations, question-and-answer sessions and hands-on computer workshops for an interactive learning experience.
JMP® Software: Finding Important Predictors
This course teaches you techniques for fitting statistical models to identify important variables.
Supervised and unsupervised learning techniques will be presented, along with advanced modeling methods. Techniques will be illustrated using both JMP and JMP Pro.
Learn how to:
- Identify a subset of predictors as important using a statistical model
- Validate statistical models using cross-validation, hold back validation and information-theoretic criteria
- Perform stepwise and all subsets regression
- Use model averaging to generate ensemble models
- Select important predictors using decision trees, variable clustering and predictive models
- Perform penalized regression for Gaussian and non-Gaussian responses
Who should attend: Analysts, researchers, technicians, or anyone filling similar roles, who want to determine which predictors in a large data set are important in predicting a response.
JMP® Software: Modern Screening Designs
This advanced course presents strategies and methods for designing experiments to screen many factors in an optimal study, as well as several specialized analytical tools that respect the limited information available in such experiments.
This course is designed to help scientists and engineers choose an appropriate technique for their particular situation.
Learn how to:
- Assess the complexity of the situation in terms of the number of factors and the number and nature of terms in the model as a guide to selecting a method to design the screening experiment and analyze the empirical evidence. You will be able to:
- Recognize situations that benefit from a screening experiment
- Make a fractional factorial design or Plackett-Burman design
- Make an orthogonal or near-orthogonal array or a definitive screening design
- Make a Bayesian D-optimal design or split-plot design with custom design
- Identify situations where each of the screening designs might be most useful
- Identify likely effects in the response using the effect screening emphasis and tools in the Fit Least Squares platform or the Screening platform
- Select a model using the Stepwise platform with forward selection or All Possible Models under the heredity restriction
Who should attend: Advanced JMP analysts who need to screen many factors through experimentation.
JMP® Software: Introduction to the JMP Scripting Language
This course demonstrates how to extend JMP software’s functionality using the JMP Scripting Language (JSL) to automate routine procedures, extend or create new procedures, and customize reports.
Learn how to:
- Use the basic elements in JSL
- Use messages, functions, and expressions to create new data tables and columns, control analyses, and capture or modify reports
- Create and use dialogs to adapt script behavior
- Save JMP scripts as JMP add-ins to automate routine analyses and reporting and facilitate script deployment
Who should attend: Anyone familiar with JMP who wants to learn the JMP Scripting Language (JSL).
JMP® Software: Advanced JMP Scripting Panel Discussion
Expand your insights into the JMP Scripting Language! A panel of experienced JMP scripters will discuss specific JSL applications and topics.
We’ll take time for a few Developer Challenges to work through in groups.
Topics will include:
- JSL pet peeves
- Review abstraction
- Call stack of functions
- Custom buttons with mouse box
Who should attend: This session will be a valuable forum for anyone who wants to advance his or her application of JSL.