Deadline: October 30, 2018 00:00 (CET)| Apply here
Eligibility: The Global Fellowship is open to any social entrepreneur, from anywhere in the world, with an innovative solution for any issue. The Black Male Achievement Fellowship supports leaders dedicated to improving the life outcomes of black men and boys in the United States. The Climate Fellowship, built in partnership with the ZOOM Foundation, was launched for leaders committed to mitigation and adaptation to climate change.
Echoing Green Social Entrepreneurship Fellowship and Leadership Development Programs 2018
Echoing Green will provide more than $4.6 million in unrestricted seed-stage funding and strategic foundational support this year to emerging leaders working to bring about positive social change.
Over the past three decades, our total investment is over $40 million to more than 700 world-class leaders.
The talent to change the world
Echoing Green doesn’t just invest in business plans. They believe investing in and supporting the right people, with the right ideas and the ability to execute, results in a lifetime of leadership.
AND IT WORKS.
The fellowship for innovators, instigators, pioneers, and rebels
Echoing Green Fellows include the founders of Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, and Last Mile Health, as well a First Lady of the United States, a mayor of Providence, RI, and the director of the largest environmental law center in the U.S.—plus hundreds more who continue to lead in the social sector.
Inclusive social entrepreneurship
Echoing Green Fellows are the innovators, instigators, pioneers, and rebels that reject the status quo and drive positive social change all over the world.
While their work, their geographies, and even their approaches may be as varied as the problems they are working to solve, their common passion and commitment form the base of this robust, active community of leaders.
The social entrepreneurship Fellows work on six continents addressing a broad range of issues:
- Economic Development
- Environmental Sustainability
- Hunger & Poverty Alleviation
- Justice & Human Rights
- Racial & Gender Equity
A 360° model to support social innovation
Building blocks & core competency development
- An individualized Leadership Development Framework to understand, track growth on, and measure against each entrepreneur’s strengths and weaknesses
- Clear goals and milestones related to fundraising planning and execution; organizational structure and systems; short and long term strategic planning; and personal self-care and connection to the purpose
Seed funding & dedicated, hands-on support
- A dedicated Echoing Green portfolio manager to assist in the mapping and progress of a unique and meaningful Fellowship experience
- A stipend paid in four equal installments over two years ($80,000 for individuals; $90,000 for two-person partnerships), in addition to health insurance and professional development stipends
- Tailored funding structures for various business models. For details, review our FAQ on recoverable grants
The life-long community of leaders & mentors
- International gatherings to connect a community of like-minded social entrepreneurs in a range of intimate and expanded settings—including our network of over 700 Fellows working in sixty countries all over the world
- Advisory groups providing Fellows with critical, timely advice to start up and navigate the social entrepreneurship and impact investment fields
- Ongoing secular support and guidance from three Echoing Green chaplains, focusing on the mental and emotional well being of Fellows
Ready to unleash the potential of your social impact organization? Register your participation by following the application link and taking the suggested steps.