Deadline: December 31, 2016 | Apply for Commercial Internship here | Apply for Engineering and Science Internship here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Date: Internships starts in March or June and lasts till September
Duration: 3-6 Months
Salary: USD 16,500,- pro rata per annum
Location: Various locations throughout the United Kingdom
Internships at EDF Energy
EDF Energy internship programs provide an excellent opportunity to gain insights into life and work at the company. EDF Energy offers internships for 3 months from June – September, and occasionally for 6 months from March.
EDF Energy will provide you with challenging assignments and all the support you’ll need to make the most of the experience. At the end of your placement, you could be offered the opportunity to be assessed for one of the Graduate Programmes.
What you’ll need
The company has high expectations for the students it takes on: EDF Energy is looking for people at any stage of their university education who are genuinely interested in nuclear energy and who want to take ownership of their experience on a placement.
You don’t need to be an expert already, but you’ll be working towards a degree in an appropriate subject such as:
- Electrical Engineering, Control and Instrumentation, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Environmental Science or Materials Science / Metallurgy for Nuclear Science and Engineering Placements
- Economics, Business, Geography, HR, Science or Engineering for Business Management / Analysis, HR and Finance placements
If you join on one of the Commercial Internships you will:
- support large-scale business projects within transformation teams
- analysing figures coming out of the business to help EDF Energy understand its costs or prices
- working with HR Teams attracting, rewarding and retaining the very best people.
To register your interest in 2017 Commercial internship opportunities, please submit your CV here. Please note that due to a high level of interest the company will only contact you should a suitable opportunity arise.
Engineering and science internships
At the Barnwood or East Kilbride locations, you could be involved in a project to support the nuclear power stations, again taking a role as part of a team. Because these offices are where our teams tackle design engineering, lifetime planning for the reactors, outages, and large projects, you’ll find yourself surrounded by highly qualified professionals, taking a broader, more strategic view.
A power station offers various opportunities and you could expect:
- to take on a junior hands-on role, perhaps developing your fault-finding skills
- project managing minor projects
- supporting safety at work
- examining feasibility cases to extend stations’ lifetimes
- carrying out maintenance and installing new equipment
The company’s power stations are often big local employers, and as a result, you’ll find that there’s a real sense of pride and a close community within each one.
Working within UK Centre for R&D you could be at the forefront of the investigation and deployment of brand new digital technologies. Leading high-tech, innovative projects such as developing apps that depict future wind farms, to working on how to display SMART meter data, it’s an exciting area to work in, with lots of opportunities.
To register your interest in 2017 Science & Engineering internship opportunities, please submit your CV here to apply. Please note that due to a high level of interest the company will only contact you should a suitable opportunity arise.