Deadline: February 1, 2016 | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: International students
Location: Paris, France
Resolutely intent on extending its international appeal, ENS selects foreign students every year, who enrol in the courses taught at the school. Alongside available exchange programmes and on the basis of a competitive entrance exam, the International Selection recruits outstanding candidates who are eager to be involved in a research-based academic curriculum.
They are interested in students from all geographical backgrounds and from all disciplines.
- As an excellent scholar, do you wish to explore an exceptional studying and research environment in close contact with world-class academics?
- As an open-minded learner, do you wish to add an interdisciplinary approach to your education?
- As a spirited student, do you wish to take part in a cosmopolitan campus life?
Admission to ENS through the International Selection will give you access to excellent education provided by renowned professors and consolidated by individual tutoring and support. You will become an integral part of the close-knit community of ENS students and researchers and will receive a monthly grant of 1000 Euros for two or three years.
France is the third preferred country worldwide for study-abroad programmes, Paris being the students’ overwhelming first choice.
Residing on campus, you will enjoy a unique student life experience in the centre of Paris, at the heart of the intellectual and cultural life of the “Quartier Latin”. With great freedom to choose your courses, you can satisfy your intellectual curiosity and attend lectures by eminent specialists. Your interdisciplinary curriculum can also include learning one of the 17 languages taught at the school’s language centre. At the end of your studies, you will graduate with the ENS diploma, as well as a Master’s degree in your field.
Field of study: Eligible Masters Courses in Science or Arts & Humanities
Scholarship value: Monthly grant of 1,000 Euros for two or three years.
- Candidates must not be after their 25th birthday on December 1st
- Candidates must not have applied to the International Selection before
- Candidates must not have lived in France more than 10 months during the academic year of the selection (September 1st – August 31st) nor the previous year
- Candidates must justify at least one year of undergraduate studies awarded by a foreign university during the calendar year preceding the start of applications
- Candidates justify at least two years of undergraduate studies in a foreign university, on the 1st of September following admission
On rare occasions, the Director of ENS may authorize applications from candidates whose academic background is non-standard.
Online applications are open from December 1, 2015 to February 1, 2016. Candidates whose applications are selected will be asked to come to Paris for written and oral examinations in July.
It is important to read the International Selection FAQ and visit the official website to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship. You can download the brochure here.