Deadline: June 17, 2020 00:00 (CEST)| Apply here
Dates: September 1, 2020 - April 30, 2021
Eligibility: SME/start-up legally established in the Member States (MS) of the European Union (EU), including their outermost regions and The Overseas Countries and Territories (OCT) linked to the Member States
European Data Incubator 2020
The project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme.
The European Data Incubator (EDI) is an Innovation Action project co-funded by the European Union. You can now apply to European Data Incubator, the 8-month Big Data programme that will take your startup to the next level.
70 Big Data startups have already been a part of EDI and benefited from tailored mentoring, access to major European corporates, free cloud environment for scalable data processing and equity funding.
Furthermore, EDI is part of the Big Data Value PPP within a group of projects known as the Big Data Value PPP projects.
The objective of EDI is to facilitate the uptake of Big Data tools whilst increasing the technical and business skills of the selected start-ups/SMEs. The final aim is to give place to sustainable business incubation around Big Data.
Join EDI and grow your business!
- A dedicated coach from the Deusto Entrepreneurship Centre, DeustoTech or etventure Startup Hub
- Training on state-of-the-art Big Data tools by the University of Deusto and Engineering
- Major visibility for your start-up as part of the Big Data Value PPP European initiative
- A technical infrastructure using FIWARE Lab providing a free Cloud based scalable Big Data tools stack
- Connection with top Big-Data startups from all over Europe participating in the programme
- Access to data providers to discuss and improve your product while reaching agreements for future exploitation
- Training on soft-skills and on fundraising by etventure Startup Hub, Deusto Entrepreneurship Centre and Zabala Innovation Consulting
- And yes… up to €100,000 equity-free funding
Three ways to apply
There are 3 ways to take part in European Data Incubator – check them out:
- Pick one of our ‘ready-made’ challenges, where the challenge, data sets and data providers are all pre-defined by us, ready for you to solve!
- Bring your own challenge, but solve it using one EDI data set and one external data set
- You are free to propose your own challenge, and solve it working with your own data provider and external data sets
Interested in applying for the European Data Incubator 2020? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.