Deadline: June 24, 2022 00:00 CEST
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]| Register here
Eligibility: early-stage start-ups that have been in operation for less than 5 years, ranging from international university-based research teams to individual entrepreneurs and small firms, having a workable minimum viable product and employing no more than 25 employees
FoodTech Challenge 2022
The FoodTech Challenge seeks to find the next wave of technology innovations that are on the cusp of transforming food and traditional agriculture practices, efficiently and sustainably.
Targeted at early-stage start-ups, ranging from international university-based research teams to individual entrepreneurs and small firms, the competition invites innovations related to two critical areas:
- food production to address the availability and abundance of food and explore ‘next gen’, nutrient-rich alternatives
- food loss and waste to ensure sustainability across the food supply chain and the planet more broadly.
The total prize pool is valued at US $2 Million and consists of cash awards, incentive schemes, start-up acceleration, and R&D support.
Applications will be evaluated based on:
- Technology: Applications must be feature value-adding technologies that have the potential to transform the food and agriculture sectors through unique solutions
- Commercial Viability: Applications must have a clearly identified and significant addressable market and a pathway for financial viability over the medium term
- Environmental Sustainability: Applications must demonstrate efficient use of natural resources and contribute to the environmental sustainability of food and agriculture
- UAE Relevance: Applications must target a food security challenge relevant to the UAE, and solutions must have the potential to be deployed in the country
- Pathway to UAE Impact: Applications must have a well-formed, actionable plan for how their solutions can be tested, developed, and potentially launched (or scaled up) in the UAE
Interested in applying for the FoodTech Challenge 2022? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.