Deadline: May 14, 2017 | Apply here
Eligibility: exceptional individuals (aged 18-35) from Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Tunisia, and the UK
Location: London, The United Kingdom
Future Leaders Connect 2017
The British Council is committed to developing future leaders.
To prepare for the world ahead of us the next generation of leaders must be skilled, innovative and globally connected people, able to make and respond to change with effective policy-making.
Future Leaders Connect offers its members the opportunity to be part of a long-term worldwide network of emerging policy leaders. You will have the chance to discuss some of the biggest global policy issues in the Houses of Parliament in London, develop your leadership skills, learn from inspirational policy leaders and make a positive policy change in your country and beyond.
Future Leaders Connect is where exceptional individuals (aged 18-35) from around the world join a long-term network of emerging policy leaders. You will develop your policy making expertise, make valuable connections and gain the skills to have a real impact.
Together you will discuss major global policy issues in the Houses of Parliament, engage with inspiring leaders, visit some of the UK’s leading global institutions and collaborate to produce innovative policy recommendations. The skills, experience, and connections you will make through Future Leaders Connect will support you to seize your leadership potential.
Who should apply
- Future Leaders Connect looking for people who can passionately articulate their vision for global change and explain the role of policy making in helping them to achieve this.
- You should be willing to engage in this long-term opportunity with the British Council to become a member of Future Leaders Connect and be committed to the network.
- You are likely to be in your early to mid-career, aged between 18 and 35 (on 14th May 2017) and already have examples of when you have demonstrated leadership.
- You will need to live in one of our participating countries (Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Pakistan, Tunisia, and the UK) and be eligible to access a visa to come to the UK.
- Future Leaders Connect is looking for emerging leaders who are committed to support the development of their country through policy change, and so encourage those to apply who have a good contextual knowledge and strong networks in the country they are based in.
- Future Leaders Connect is looking to recruit a diverse group of people with different experiences, ideas, and backgrounds.
- Be able to speak English at IELTS level 6 or equivalent (this means you generally you have an effective command of the language despite some inaccuracies, inappropriate usage, and misunderstandings. You can use and understand fairly complex language, particularly in familiar situations).
- You cannot be currently employed by the British Council or be an immediate family member of a British Council employee. stepchildren are also counted as immediate family members.)