Global Entrepreneurship Summer School, or GESS is not just another conventional summer school.
It is rather a tremendous opportunity for you to learn from the entrepreneurs who have previously succeeded with building their own ventures together with 35 top students all across the globe in 9 days (September 16-24, 2015).
7 reasons to apply
- Meet the most talented Entrepreneurial Leaders of tomorrow from around the globe
- Create projects with a billion dollar impact – think big like you have never done before
- Shape your own future as you won’t walk out of this Summer School to get a boring job
- Enjoy exclusivity: be sponsored by us, receive free accommodation, flight expenses support and much more
- Use your skills to contribute to nothing more than the future of our planet
- Learn a lot about entrepreneurship in many different workshops from leading experts
- Be aware of a unique real-life experience where you can implement your ideas afterwards
The curriculum of GESS
During the duration of the summer school 35 students will work in shuffled teams to develop business ideas addressing challenges concerning one topic with a global impact. In the first days of the program students will get to know each other, build teams and start brainstorming innovative ideas.
A set of lectures and assignments throughout the week will help teams structure the project work and provide complementary knowledge – i.e. for business planning or topic-specific issues. These sessions will also be aimed for developing presentation and team-building skills. The lectures will be held by renowned entrepreneurs as well as by experts from the fields of science, industry and politics.
For the final challenge, the teams are expected to pitch their business ideas to a selected audience of 200+ attendees: investors, entrepreneurs and academic experts, competing for the first prize and getting attention from the prospective backers and media.
All summer school attendees will receive certificates of participation and, when appropriate, certificates for outstanding achievement.
The vision of GESS
The vision of the Global Entrepreneurship Summer School is based on the claim „Billion dollar projects to foster societal change“. Entrepreneurship Centers in Munich as well as the Social Entrepreneurship Academy support this school to encourage and connect outstanding students from all over the world to solve society’s problems in an entrepreneurial manner.
The summer school students to think big and contribute to sustainable change, quantifiable in billions. GESS is a collaborative project of the four leading German universities.
Apply via the official link until June 1, 2015.
If selected, you will be asked to transfer a tuition fee of 119,- EUR. It is possible to apply for a travel subsidy, which will be available to 10 selected participants.
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Date: September 16-24, 2015
Venue: Strascheg Center for Entrepreneurship, Heßstraße 89, 80797 Munich, Germany