Deadline: January 12, 2018 00:00 (GMT-0500)
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game] | Apply here
Dates: March 19-23, 2018
Eligibility: Women entrepreneurs who own a majority stake in a qualifying business is the key decision maker in the business and manages it on a day-to-day basis, having a minimum of 10-20 years of experience in a professional setting. The applicant must have worked in her existing organization/enterprise for at least 5-7 years
Location: New York, The United States
Global Ambassadors Program 2018
The program is a partnership between Vital Voices, a leading NGO in women’s leadership and development and Bank of America, based on a shared belief in the need to invest in women who are creating economic and social progress around the world.
The Global Ambassadors Program (GAP) is designed for women entrepreneurs – providing mentorship, training and a network of support to help grow your business and your personal development.
The program includes one-on-one mentoring sessions and strategic workshops focused on building organizational management, financial acumen, and leadership skills.
This program provides a unique opportunity for women leaders in business and social enterprise to invest in themselves and their leadership journey. It is a one-week in-person training program in New York City including:
- Strategic Planning for Business Growth
- Human Resource Management
- Communications workshops including Branding & Marketing, Social Media, and Public Speaking
- Financial Management and Access to Capital
- A 1:1 mentoring relationship with an established woman executive. Previous mentors include: Susan Chambers, Executive Vice President, Global People Division Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.; Deborah Dugan, Chief Executive Officer, RED and Donna Langley, Chairman, Universal Pictures
- Inclusion in the Vital Voices network of more than 15,000 women from 181 countries and territories around the world
- Opportunity for cross-cultural exchange with women from around the globe.
- Participation in a half-day Global Forum, a thought leadership event and networking opportunity to engage with invited guests including business and community leaders
- Opportunities for your business/organization to be profiled via digital channels, social media and in earned media coverage
- On-going support and mentorship, specific to your needs, through the Global Ambassadors Program for 1+ year
- A woman entrepreneur who owns a majority stake in a qualifying business is the key decision maker in the business and manages it on a day-to-day basis
- A minimum of 10-20 years of experience in a professional setting
- The applicant must have worked in her existing organization/enterprise for at least 5-7 years
- Proficient in English
- Demonstrate a commitment to the core principles of the “Vital Voices’ Leadership Model” – Innovative, collaborative, and driven by a clear sense of mission; engaged in their communities and are committed to advancing the status of women and girls
- Demonstrate high-potential for leadership and a desire to take on leadership roles both within and outside their companies
- For-profit or social entrepreneur (for this program, a social enterprise is a for-profit business with a social mission)
- Should have a minimum annual revenue of at least US$ 250,000 and a maximum annual revenue of US$ 10 million
- The United States and all other countries (please note that for the US-based mentees, preference will be given to applicants from the New York metropolitan area)