Deadline: December 31, 2017 00:00 (CET)
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game] | Apply here
Date: January 19, 2018
Global Finals Dates: April 14-17, 2018
Eligibility: You must be an undergraduate student, the owner, founder or controlling shareholder of the company which have generated USD 500,- or received USD 1000,- in investments at the time of application and have been in business for at least the past six consecutive months
Prizes: Prizes are generally a combination of cash and business services and will vary by location. The winner of Global Finals will receive a prize package of the total value of over USD 40,000,-, second place will receive USD 10,000,- and third place will receive USD 5,000,-
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Global Finalis will be held in Toronto, Canada
Global Student Entrepreneur Awards 2018
The Entrepreneurs’ Organization’s Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) is the premier global competition for student entrepreneurs who actively run a business. EO GSEA nominees compete in qualifying competitions for the chance to advance to the Global Finals, held in April 2017 in Toronto, Canada.
With more than 1,700 competitors from more than 50 countries, EO GSEA is an exclusive opportunity for student entrepreneurs to make connections, find resources, and grow their businesses!
- You must be an undergraduate (bachelor’s) student at a recognized university or college for the current academic year and enrolled in school at the time of application.
- You must be the owner, founder or controlling shareholder of your company and principally responsible for its operation. Each company can be represented by only one owner/co-founder.
- Your business must have generated US $500 or received US $1000 in investments at the time of application.
- Your company must have been in business for at least the past six consecutive months.
- You should not have been one of the top six finalists from any previous year’s GSEA Global Finals Competition.
The path to Global Finals
Step One: Must be an undergraduate college/university student with a company: operating for at least 6 months with at least $500 in revenue.
Step Two: Apply to a local competition.
Step Three: Win a national competition.
Step Four: Advance to the GSEA Finals with 50 of the world’s best student entrepreneurs.
Step Five: Win the award and become a rockstar business and more!
How do the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards help student business owners?
- Access to successful entrepreneurs. Feedback. Mentorship.
- Refined elevator pitches. Going head to head with other business owners and answering tough questions about their business to the judges helps competitors improve their pitch skills and enhance their ability to communicate the value proposition of their business.
- Expanded networks. Competitors will meet other student entrepreneurs from around the world, as well as Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) members and our honored guests.
- Media Exposure. Competitors will receive local and national media attention for themselves and their business.
- Prizes are generally a combination of cash and business services and will vary by location. At the Global Finals, students compete for a prize package of US$20,000 in cash and a total value of over $40,000, which includes a travel/lodging expense paid trip to compete in GSEA Finals in Toronto, Canada. Second place will receive US$10,000 and third place will receive US$5,000.
- Additional awards are given at the Global Finals for Social Impact, Innovation, and Lessons from the Edge.