Deadline: December 7, 2018 00:00 (CET) | Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Undergraduate and graduate* college/university students who own and operate a business for at least six months are eligible to compete
Date: December 13, 2018
Location: Madrid, Spain
Global Student Entrepreneur Awards 2019
Founded in 1998 by Saint Louis University, GSEA is now an Entrepreneurs’ Organization program.
The Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) is the premier global competition for students who own and operate a business while attending college or university.
Nominees compete against their peers from around the world in a series of local and/or national competitions in hopes to qualify for GSEA Finals.
Global Student Entrepreneur Awards support student entrepreneurs who require much-needed mentorship, recognition and connections to take their businesses to the next level of success.
- VISION: Empowering student entrepreneurs to become the world’s most influential change makers.
- MISSION: To give student entrepreneurs the opportunity to accelerate their success, challenge the status quo, connect to an instrumental peer group and make the greatest impact possible in their community.
*Graduate students are eligible to apply only if they have continually enrolled in a university following their undergraduate degree and not left school to work on their business or to seek other employment.
Exceptions can be made for students who have taken up to 12 months’ break before beginning their postgraduate education.
- You must be enrolled for the current academic year in a university/college as an undergraduate or graduate* student at the time of application. Full-time enrollment is not required; part-time enrollment is acceptable.
- You must be the owner, founder or controlling shareholder of your company and principally responsible for its operation. Each company can be represented by only one owner/co-founder.
- Your business must have been in operation for at least six consecutive months prior to the application.
- Your business must have generated US $500 or received US $1000 in investments at the time of application.
- You should not have been one of the top seven finalists from any previous year’s GSEA Global Finals Competition.
- The age cap for participation is 30 years of age.
- Step One
Must be an undergraduate or graduate* college/university student with a company: operating for at least 6 months with at least $500 in generated revenue.
- Step Two
You apply and compete in a local competition.
- Step Three
You win a national competition.
- Step Four
You advance to the GSEA Finals with 50 of the world’s best student entrepreneurs.
- Step Five
Win the award and become a rockstar business and more!
Interested in attending the Global Student Entrepreneur Awards 2019? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.