The internship starts in Summer 2017 | Apply here
Eligibility: Minimum GPA of 3.0
Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, or other related degree areas
Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Location: Alexandria, The United States
Grant Thornton Advisory Internship
Grant Thornton’s internship program gives students insight into the business, people and culture of the company. Participating in the program will give you the opportunity to learn more about the firm while developing valuable skills necessary for building a successful career.
The Grant Thornton difference
- You’re not just another cog in the wheel; your experience is as individualized as you are
- Your voice is heard, and your contributions are valued and recognized
- You will have a variety of responsibilities and exposure to diverse clients to build your portfolio
- You will receive one-on-one coaching from your buddy, mentor and partners to further refine your leadership skills
- You will build personal connections with colleagues at social gatherings, community service projects and firm events.
- During your internship, you’ll work side by side with professionals of all levels who bring their whole selves to work every day
Grant Thornton’s Public Sector practice helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services.
Grant Thornton’s Public Sector team members find solutions that help government leaders with audit readiness, financial and IT audits, financial management, performance transformation, information technology solutions, cyber security, change management, and data analysis.
The professionals provide solutions that achieve measurable results and assist the clients in meeting business goals. Grant Thornton reengineers the way their clients do business to help them achieve cost savings, manage new program initiatives, and support efforts to make government more efficient and responsive to the needs of citizens.
The company is committed to capitalizing on strengths and serving dynamic organizations that share its values and drive. Grant Thornton’s global values of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect, and responsibility (“CLEARR”) guide the behaviors and fuel its ambition to be the firm that makes a difference every day.
- Perform financial and information systems audits
- Conduct analysis and strategic assessments of client requirements and issues
- Assist project teams with research, business process reengineering, information technology, cyber security and process transformation activities
- Provide change management and communications support, and engage in general management consulting
- Assist with business development activities, such proposals and business capture
- Author whitepapers, attend conferences and participate in thought leadership activities
- Work with fellow project teammates in delivering outstanding client service, building rapport and building and managing day-to-day client relationships
- Interact with client personnel and senior leadership to accomplish project objectives
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, or other related degree areas
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. indefinitely without the need for sponsorship; some assignments may require U.S. Citizenship
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Effective project and time management skills for handling multiple priorities and simultaneous projects
- Enthusiasm to learn through a combination of structured, on-the-job and self-directed training
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a complex team environment
- Working knowledge of government and/or an active security clearance, a plus
- Willingness to travel, as necessary (will vary based on client requirements)