Deadline: January 10, 2022 12:00 GMT-0500
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]| Apply here
Eligibility: The venture must have an HBS alumnus/a as a founder. Ventures must have less than $2 million USD in revenue. In addition, they may not have raised more than $ 2.5 million USD in total debt/invested equity capital.
HBS New Venture Competition 2022
Are you an innovator or early stage entrepreneur? You’re invited to participate in the annual HBS New Venture Competition (NVC), brought to you by the HBS Rock Center for Entrepreneurship and the HBS Club of New York.
Open to for-profit companies, competing in the NVC Northeast Regionals is your chance to showcase your company to a large group of investors and advisors, advance to the NVC semifinals and global finals at HBS, and win over $100,000 in cash prizes.
- Winner: $75,000
- Runner-up: $25,000
- Legal Sponsors Polsinelly: Pro bono legal services up to $5K for each of the First, Second, and Best Early Stage Startup winners
- “Pitch Perfect” assistance to the First, Second, and Best Early Stage Startup winners, to provide advice and assistance with respect to their pitches at the HBS Alumni NVC
- Free presentations on related start-up legal topics including intellectual property protection and corporate structure matters
- Winning teams will receive the opportunity to pitch to HBS Angels of NY.
- The winners receive an invitation to the Global Finals Round and NVC Finale.
Tough Tech Prize
The Rock Center in collaboration with the HBS Digital, Health Care, and Business and Environment Initiatives, offers the Tough Technology Prize as part of the HBS New Venture Competition.
Through the collective efforts, the prize wants to recognize (co)founders where the venture has challenging proof-points of development typical of tough technology ventures.
Tough Tech ventures are those working on transformative technology that solves the world’s most important challenges through the convergence of breakthrough science, engineering, and leadership. It can also be thought of as being a breakthrough idea in which founders and investors are not likely to realize an early profit.
Award: $10,000 and dedicated advising hours with experienced tech experts.
Interested in applying for the HBS New Venture Competition 2022? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.