Deadline: July 31, 2023 00:00 CEST| Apply here
Eligibility: young professionals from developing countries who have already gained practical experience, with a well-qualified first university degree and above-average grades (upper third) in Social and Political Sciences, Law, Economics, Public Policy and Administration willing to actively contribute to the social, political and economic development of their home countries/regions
The Helmut-Schmidt-Programme supports future leaders from developing countries who strive to promote democracy and social justice.
The programme offers highly qualified graduates the opportunity to gain a master’s degree in subjects that are of particular importance for the social, political and economic development in their countries of origin. Support is available for promising young professionals and managerial staff from developing and emerging countries.
Who should apply?
Fun fact: a member of the AlphaGamma team is the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme alumn!
The programme offers future leaders master’s courses in disciplines that are of particular relevance for social, political, and economic development.
You can choose to pursue one of the following programs:
- Social Protection at Hochschule Bonn-Rhein-Sieg
- Development and Governance at the University of Duisburg-Essen
- Public Policy at the Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt
- Management in Nonprofit-Organisations at Hochschule Osnabrück
- Peace and Conflict Studies at the University of Magdeburg
- Development Studies at the University of Passau
- Governance and Public Policy at the University of Passau
You will gain the skills and knowledge on a practice-oriented course for responsible positions in or for your home region and contribute to establishing economic and social institutions that are democratically oriented and designed to overcome social inequalities.
Why should you apply?
Academic education in one of the master’s courses selected by the DAAD will take place from September/October 2024. The courses have an international focus and are mainly offered in English.
You will receive the following:
- scholarships of €934 per month for master’s courses at
German higher education institutions
- health insurance in Germany
- appropriate travel allowances for travel between Germany and the respective developing and emerging countries
- a study and research grant
- rent subsidies and family supplements, as applicable
- preceding German language course in Germany, lasting up to 6 months; participation is mandatory
Throughout your studies, you will benefit from accompanying support services, like events and seminars and close exchange with other international scholarship holders and interdisciplinary networking events.
Interested in applying for the Helmut-Schmidt-Programme 2023? Register your participation by following the application link and taking the suggested steps.
For more life-changing opportunities, subscribe to our weekly newsletter and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.