Deadline: May 14, 2017 | Apply here
Dates: July 22-25, 2017
Eligibility: Accomplished student leaders from college campuses across the world
Location: Pittsburg, The United States
Hesselbein Global Academy 2017
This one-of-a-kind program offers participants a transformative, globally-minded leadership experience right here on campus!
Through the annual Hesselbein Global Academy, student leaders from around the world converge on the campus for an intensive four-day experience.
Delegates participate in interactive workshops, receive mentorship from government and business leaders, and take part in hands-on problem-solving sessions.
Inspiring and developing accomplished student leaders to meet the challenges of tomorrow
The Hesselbein Academy draws together 50 of the top student leaders from around the world for an annual four-day summit at the University of Pittsburg.
Participants receive training and mentorship from professionals who are experts in the fields of business, government, education, and not-for-profit. The students and mentors explore critical topics in leadership and undertake community engagement project in collaboration wit Pittsburgh-area organizations.
- Interactive Leadership Workshops: Enjoy training led by distinguished and experienced leaders in the fields of business, government, education adn not-for-profit.
- Mentorship: Connect directly with leadership professionals.
- Service on a Global Scale: Paricipate in a service project to address a global issue.
- Civic Engagement: Apply consultation and leaderhsip skills to solve an organisational problem within a local community group.
- Networking: Meet with local Pittsburg area leaders.
- City Exploration: Sightsee Pittsburg, Pennsylvania through a tour of local attractions.
- Recognition: Celebrate your participation in the Summit at the Annual Hesselbein Lecture and Student Awards Ceremony.
- Lifelong Membership: Join fellow passionate student leaders as members of the Hesselbein Global Academy Alumni network.
To inspire, develop, and reward accomplished student leaders for meeting the challenges of tomorrow.
Hesselbein Global Academy for Student Leadership and Civic Engagement aims to produce a cadre of experienced, ethical leaders equipped to address critical issues throughout the world.
Through dynamic global mentorship, training, and service opportunities, student leaders of today will become the business, community, and government leaders of tomorrow.
Complete the online application and upload the following attachments:
- One current letter of recommendation written by a university administrator.
- Résumé (include GPA on résumé).
- Single-page essay using 12-point times new roman font.
Your essay should incorporate the following questions:
- What specifically have you accomplished as a leader on your campus and/or in your community, and how did you motivate others?
- How has your leadership experience on your campus and/or in your community broadened your understanding of the challenges and opportunities confronting global leaders today
- How do you envision yourself addressing these challenges and opportunities be it through a career, community service, and/or civic engagement?