Deadline: January 7, 2022 00:00 CET
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]| Apply here
Eligibility: Applicants must be current or alumni students of universities that have concluded Inter-University Exchange Agreements and a Memorandum of Understanding on Student Exchange with Hokkaido University. Students who are already enrolled at Hokkaido University can not apply for this fellowship. Applicants must be self-supporting, without other scholarships or fellowships when enrolling in Hokkaido University. Applicants must possess a GPA that is in the top 25% of their class or an equivalent level at their home university (Applicants who possess equivalent GPA levels must be certified by the president of their home university).
Location: Hokkaido, Japan
Hokkaido University President’s Fellowship 2022
Hokkaido University is seeking applicants for the Hokkaido University President’s Fellowship. This scholarship is for prospective international students enrolling in Master’s, Professional, or Doctoral Degree programs who plan to enroll in October 2022.
Applicants must possess an excellent academic record as well as a strong interest in Hokkaido University and Japanese culture.
- Approximately 2,300,000 yen for the 1st year (apx 1,800,000 from the 2nd year) which includes application fees, enrollment fees, tuition fees (exempted), and the monthly stipend. Monthly stipend: 100,000 yen.
- In addition to the monthly stipend, 220,000 yen (70,000 yen for research students) is paid in the month of enrollment with an additional 35,000 yen the following April and October to cover the Fellowship recipient’s travel expenses (when coming to Japan and returning to their home country at the completion of their studies and research) and material’s fees for texts and miscellaneous expenses.
- Students are eligible to live in the University dormitory during the benefit period
Hokkaido University Special Grant Program for Self-Supported International Students
This grant is for prospective international students applying to enter a doctoral program. Recipients have their tuition fees waived in exchange for working as Research Assistant.
To obtain this special grant, applicants must have excellent an academic record and be able to prove how their research can make an impact on an international scale in their chosen field.
The Special Grant Program is for international students applying to a doctoral course in one of the following graduate schools:
- Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine
- Graduate School of Environmental Science
- Graduate School of Chemical Sciences and Engineering
- Graduate School of Engineering
- Graduate School of Biomedical Science and Engineering
Interested in applying for the Hokkaido University President’s Fellowship 2022? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.