Deadline: July 31, 2019 23:59 (GMT+0800)| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: All submissions to the HUAWEI NEXT-IMAGE Awards must be produced using HUAWEI phones, without restriction as to when you recorded the images/videos or which model of HUAWEI phone you used.
HUAWEI NEXT-IMAGE Awards 2019
As an important component of the HUAWEI NEXT-IMAGE Plan started in 2017, the annual NEXT-IMAGE Awards is committed to exploring possibilities for a new generation of visual culture together with mobile phone users worldwide.
The “NEXT” in NEXT-IMAGE refers to the next generation of photographers using the next generation of tools to create and spread the next generation of visual content – all with new forms of interaction and feedback. The “IMAGE” part of the name refers to both static imagery and new forms of dynamic visual expression.
Making work of the new generation of artists possible
HUAWEI has proposed the “NEXT-IMAGE” concept not only to highlight the many years of innovative spirit it has brought to the field of visual expression but also to create a new word that conveys its insight into what it believes is growing into a new school of photography.
Owing to the rapid advancement of smartphone camera capabilities and the power of images in today’s global social media trends, mobile photography is flourishing. New types of content and new ways to share their work allow photographers to attract more global audiences.
Following from HUAWEI’s innovation interpretation of modern photography, the NEXT-IMAGE Awards embodies the brand’s commitment to providing high-quality tools that make work of this new generation of artists possible.
- #Emotion Tag: Expressing instant emotions by means of photography.
- Hello, Life!: Sharing the emotion or inspiration in everyday experiences.
- Faces: Experimenting with identity and the power of portraiture.
- Going the Distance: Discovering new places and new experiences thereby using new features of a phone camera, for instance, tele-lens, super wide angle or macro-shooting
- Life Now: Filming stories in less than 30 seconds.
- Storyboard: Telling a story in 9 frames – a grid of photos that develop a meaningful or intriguing narrative.
- Grand Prize: There will be one Grand Prize winner selected from 6 best-in-category winners who will win a US$20,000 cash reward, a HUAWEI P30 Pro smartphone, a medal or a certificate.
- Other best-in-category winners will each win a US$6,000 cash reward, a HUAWEI P30 Pro smartphone, a medal or a certificate.
- Grand Prize winner and best-in-category winners have the opportunity to participate in Paris Photo, Paris, France, 2019.
- Additionally, there will also be 50 runner-up prize winners who will each win a HUAWEI P30 Pro smartphone, a medal or a certificate
Interested in applying for the HUAWEI NEXT-IMAGE Awards 2019? Register your participation by following the application link and taking the suggested steps.