Deadline: December 23, 2017 00:00 CET
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game] | Apply here
Eligibility: This event is open to business and non-business students, the application is open to anyone currently enrolled in a college or university.
Location: Various locations
The Hult Prize 2018
The Hult Prize is a start-up accelerator for impact entrepreneurship which brings together the brightest college and university students from around the globe to solve the world’s most pressing issues through pitching ideas and starting new companies.
It’s the biggest and most prestigious start-up event in the world, and awards millions of dollars in investment capital to young budding entrepreneurs, offering a grand prize of USD 1 Million.
You don’t need an idea to start
Participants compete in local events organized in respective cities, countries and on campuses around the world.
Regional and national programs take place all over the world and winners of these events get to spend 8-weeks living, working, learning and playing in a castle in the UK.
If you can’t make any of the available in-person events, there is also a wild-card round which takes place virtually – everything happens in person because that’s how you create entrepreneurs.
Regional events host on-campus winners and teams from around the world, so feel free to apply anywhere, not just the city closest to you.
In 2018 regional final events are hosted in: Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, Shanghai, Toronto, Mexico City, Quito, Bogota, Melbourne, Lagos, Nairobi, Cairo, Tunisia, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore and online.
Winning start-ups from each city move onto the Hult Prize Accelerator for the summer before attending the President Bill Clinton hosted global finals at the United Nations, which take place in September, during the United Nations General Assembly.
Pitch to win one million dollars
The Hult Prize is the official kick-off to the UN GLOBAL GOALS WEEK, so it’s the perfect place to pitch for a investment of one million dollars.
Collectively, more than one hundred thousand students around the world, representing more than 150 countries, participate in the Hult Prize and spend over 10 million man-hours on solving the world’s most pressing issues.
Thousands of students organize various training programs throughout the years. By means of crowdsourcing, training, mentorship, and funding, the Hult Prize seeks to start the next wave of social entrepreneurship and make the world a better place.
More reasons to apply
- The Hult Prize remains the largest start-up program in the world for early-stage social ventures.
- Winning team will get US$1,000,000 to help them become world-class social entrepreneurs.
- Past or current students from any college or university in the world are invited to form teams of 3-4.
- You are considered a student if at the time of the application submission you have not yet graduated. Alumni and faculty are not allowed to be official team members.
- Registration fees for this year’s Hult Prize have been waived. Teams will be responsible for covering their travel costs.
- All participants should belong to the same college or university. However, this may consist of a mix of programs, representing undergraduate, graduate and PhD students.
- This event is open to business and non-business students, the application is open to anyone currently enrolled in a college or university.