Dates: September 14, 2017 | Register here
Prices: starting from RUB 2500,-; free attendance is reserved for a total of 100 persons. Register today and secure your free ticket!
Location: St. Petersburg, Russia
IDC Security Roadshow 2017
The modern challenge for information security is the duality of its tasks: How to improve security posture and resource efficiency at the same time? Should legacy systems be protected at the cost of new security technology adoption? What are the boundaries of security responsibility between the company and its service provider? What is the impact of legislation and regulations on the organization’s security?
Those management-level challenges are reflected in technological challenges: protection of an ever-increasing number of mobile devices, data leak protection in the age of cloud, and big data to name a few.
The IDC Security Roadshow 2017 will discuss these and many other of today’s and tomorrow’s security challenges.
Key Themes of IDC Security Roadshow 2017
- A Multi-Faceted Approach to Information Security
- Endpoint Defence
- Threat Intelligence and Malware Defence in the 3rd Platform Era. Moving Beyond Signature-Based Protection to Incorporate Next-Generation Security Solutions Into the Evolving Architecture.
- Identity As Perimeter
- Identity Is Already the New Perimeter – Is Your Organization Dealing With It? The Rise of Biometrics and the Demise of BYOD; Multi-Factor Authentication as a Bare Minimum and a Mobile Workforce Enabler.
- Data-Centric Security
- Protecting Data is a Management and Security Journey that takes in Access Controls and Privileged User Management, Encryption and Obfuscation, Policy and Compliance, and the Company’s Security Culture.
By addressing the dimensions above you can significantly improve the security of your organization while transitioning processes to 3rd platform architectures. mobility and cloud do not have to be security problem multipliers; data and analytics can uncover opportunity; employees can be productive and secure, not a headache.
- Regulatory Update: brief on latest developments, what do you need to know; (what about non EU?)
- Looking After Legacy: guidance on how to budget, transition, plan etc.;
- Securing the 3rd Platform: spotlight on emerging solutions;
- The Employee Conundrum: a risk and an asset, insider threat statistics, how to instill a security culture, super-user security, and skills shortage, etc.;
- Overview of Security Services: fastest-growing segment, what is being adopted, what can/should be outsourced, how can MSPs save your neck, etc.;
- Communicating security to C-level, LoB managers;
- Importance of incidence response (plan, exercises, communication);
- Security requirements as part of Service Provider agreements;
- Security Automation & Analytics;
Who attended last year?
- 42% Managers (CIO, IT manager, Director, etc.)
- 35% Operational IT
- 22% Security (CISO, CSO, Security specialist)
- 1% Other
From the following industries:
- 29% Banking, Finance, Insurance
- 20% Government & Public Services
- 10% Manufacturing
- 2% Telecommunications
- 39% Other
International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology, telecommunications, and consumer technology markets. With more than 1,100 analysts worldwide, IDC offers global, regional, and local expertise on technology and industry opportunities and trends in over 110 countries.
IDC’s analysis and insight helps IT professionals, business executives, and the investment community to make fact-based technology decisions and to achieve their key business objectives. Founded in 1964, IDC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of International Data Group (IDG), the world’s leading media, data and marketing services company.