Deadline: June 1, 2020 18:00 GMT+0800| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: The competition is open to all students of landscape architecture and allied disciplines
Application fee: MYR 200,-
International Student Design Competition 2020
The International Landscape Architecture Student Design Competition (IFLA 2020) is organised as part of the 57th IFLA World Congress, World Landscape Architects Summit 2020 event.
Jointly organised by the Institute of Landscape Architects Malaysia (ILAM), International Federation of Landscape Architects (IFLA), and the Department of Landscape Architecture, Faculty of Built Environment and Surveying (FBES), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM).
The Design Competition promotes the evolution of landscape architecture through education
The goal is to generate ideas and formulate potential landscape architecture-based design solutions to overcome current and future issues worldwide.
It aims to cultivate students’ ability in investigating the dynamic processes in landscape planning and design according to the range of complexities, which may include aesthetic, functional, ecological, socio-cultural, historic-patrimonial, economic-productive, and ethics.
The competition demonstrates how landscape architecture solutions can effectively redefine and overcome unsustainable practices through innovative ideas.
- A comprehensive investigation of the competition theme and consideration of the overall theme.
- Clear documentation of analysis and design process.
- Effective and attractive communication of design theme and the concept of “representational, communicational, motivational functions”.
- Clearly stated site synthesis with appropriate methods and approaches based on the site issues.
- A spatial form design that triggers a unique impression together with the qualities of the landscape.
- Demonstrate reflective and innovative design approaches which are feasible and adaptable to development and changes in the future.
- Effective and reflective design that addresses social, environmental and economic sustainability.
- Integration of the practical and aesthetic aspects of landscape architectural works.
The following are the awards granted for the competition:
- 1st Prize (GROUP HAN Prize for Landscape Architecture) – USD 1500 + Certificate
- 2nd Prize (GROUP HAN Commendation Award for Landscape Architecture) – USD 1000 + Certificate
- 3rd Prize (Local Organiser Prize) – USD 500 + Certificate
- 4th to 6TH Prize – Certificated Honourable Mentions
Interested in applying for the International Student Design Competition 2020? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.