Dates: January 8-13, 2017 | Register here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Price: USD 1650,-
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
International Youth Leadership Conference 2017
The week-long youth forum on world politics, international relations, and justice will give you an opportunity to test your leadership skills, debate current issues, deliver speeches, draft resolutions, make executive decisions, and realize through experience the complexities of international relations.
The main objective of the International Youth Leadership Conference is to facilitate an exchange of ideas across an ethnically diverse and socially responsible group of young international leaders.
Their interaction provokes communication and dialogue that, throughout the week, provides an unparalleled learning experience and cross-cultural adventure.
Dialogue. Diversity. Cooperation.
The next International Youth Leadership Conference will welcome over 120 students from more than 35 different countries for an open-minded exchange of diverse perspectives on contemporary global challenges.
This week-long forum on world politics, international relations and justice will bring together prominent university students from across the globe for an open-minded exchange of ideas concerning the future of world leadership.
The objective of the International Youth Leadership Conference is to facilitate dialogue and cooperation across an ethnically diverse and socially responsible group of young international leaders.
The conference is designed to encourage social interaction and networking in a cross-cultural learning environment by means of the following interrelated activities:
- A United Nations Security Council emergency meeting simulation
- A mock International Criminal Court pre-trial
- A model European Parliament proceeding
- Visits to Foreign Embassies, Senate of the Parliament of the Czech Republic other governmental and non-governmental organizations
- Group Debates and Panel Discussions on international security, environmental sustainability, rule of law, responsible leadership and mass media
- Networking Events and Banquet Dinners with leading experts, diplomats, politicians and businessmen
IYLC places a strong emphasis on advancing generic skills in 6 main categories:
- Personal Development
- Group Effectiveness
- Personal Qualities
The IYLC works on three key levels:
- Interpersonal Dynamics of the group developing a group identity, learning to work with a diverse and international group of people.
- Individual Development – challenging ideas, previous conceptions, engaging with the realities of others, developing skills of leadership, communication, expression of arguments, cultural intelligence.
- Intellectual Development – a pre-requisite of being able to work in the simulations is being able to hold an unwavering understanding of the workings and aims of these organizations. The simulation aims to add to that knowledge and test it in various situations whilst developing key transferable leadership skills.
Nominate a student
Excellence refuses to go unnoticed. Outstanding students who receive nominations from their professors receive a higher standing in our application process. By nominating your student, you can decrease his/her Conference fee by 10%
Pre-Conference Reading List
Simulation of the United Nations Security Council Emergency Meeting
For information on the UN and the UN Security Council, please visit the following websites:
- United Nations Security Council
- United Nations
- BBC. “Profile: The UN Security Council”
- Global Policy Forum
- Syria: Unrest and U.S. Policy
Simulation of the ICC
For information on the International Criminal Court, the Rome Statute or issues related to the Sudan, please visit the following websites:
- International Criminal Court
- American Non-Governmental Organizations Coalition for the International Criminal Court
- Coalition for the International Criminal Court
- Human Rights First
- Rome Statute
- Trial Watch
Simulation of the EU Parliament
For information on the European Union, European Parliament, and issues related please visit the following websites:
- Amnesty International
- European Council
- European Parliament
- European Union
- Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
- The Energy Efficiency Directive
- European Union Action Plan for Energy Efficiency