Deadline: September 29, 2019 00:00 CEST| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: In order to participate in IYMC you have to be a high-school or university student. Depending on your age (over 18 years or under 18 years) you will have to solve more problems to qualify for the next round. Students from all grades and all countries are invited to participate!
International Youth Math Challenge 2019
The International Youth Math Challenge is one of the biggest math competition for students from all around the world: Unleash your creativity, knowledge, and math skills to win awards and cash prizes worth over 700 USD – take this unique opportunity and participate today!
- Qualification Round
The qualification round 2019 consists of five math problems.
In order to qualify for the pre-final round, you need to solve at least three (under 18) to four (over 18) of the problems correctly.
The math problems vary in topic, difficulty, and subject. The problems range from geometry to number theory to make sure that everyone finds interesting problems to work out! This competition will sharpen your mind and prove your math skills!
Successful participants are honored with certificates and qualify for the pre-final round of IYMC.
- Pre-Final Round
Successful participants can register for the pre-final round in October. You have one week to solve 10 problems of the pre-final round. The registration costs are 8 USD to make this competition possible: Learn More
- Final Round
Successful finalists can participate in the final round: You will take an exam of 60 minutes supervised by your teacher. The winners receive certificates and cash prizes worth over 700 USD
IYMC gives you the unique opportunity to unleash your math skills and to apply them to challenging problems. Participants can receive certificates, awards, cash prizes, and global recognition.
- Global Network: A successful participation allows you to join the IYMC network: You will get the rare chance to connect and exchange with outstanding, similar-minded, and inspiring students worldwide
- Become Ambassador: Winners and motivated students are encouraged to become official IYMC ambassadors with the aim to inspire students and to encourage them to engage in math and to participate in IYMC
Prizes and Awards
The prizes and awards worth a total of 700 USD which includes cash prizes of 450 USD. All participants (regardless of the results) receive participation certificates to honour their efforts. In the final round, participants receive either a Bronze, Silver or Gold Honour, depending on the performance.
The best students can achieve the 1. prize, 2. prize, and 3. prize as well as special awards for the best students from each region:
- Prize 200 USD Cash Prize, Special 1. Prize Certificate
- Prize 150 USD Cash Prize, Special 2. Prize Certificate
- Prize 100 USD Cash Prize, Special 3. Prize Certificate
- All Finalists Bronze Honour, Silver Honour or Gold Honour
- All Participants Official Participation Certificate
- + Special Honour for digital Submission
Interested in applying for the International Youth Math Challenge 2019? Register your participation by following the application link and taking the suggested steps.