Deadline: August 8, 2022 17:59 BST
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]| Apply here
Dates: October 13-15, 2022
Eligibility: you are invited to apply if you are 18 years or older, have a track record of leadership and innovation in the fields of nature conservation, biodiversity, climate change and sustainable development and are currently working on an innovative project that is or will contribute to building nature-positive societies and economies.
Location: Jeju, Republic of Korea
IUCN Leaders Forum 2022
The IUCN Leaders Forum is an annual event which gathers leaders and changemakers from around the world in person in Jeju, the Republic of Korea.
Join the forum to discuss innovative solutions to critical global challenges, make bold commitments, build partnerships and catalyse action for impactful change in nature conservation and sustainability.
The forum aims to:
- Convene influential and innovative leaders (government, private sector, civil society, sub-national authorities, others) with the aim of creating alliances and new partnerships, identifying innovative solutions, and advancing the international policy agenda;
- Offer a platform to discuss emerging issues and help shape future market forces with key stakeholders in a safe space;
- Create a networking opportunity between corporates and changemakers who are implementing environmental action projects and can report back on their progress at the next annual Leaders Forum.
This year’s theme is “Building nature-positive economies and societies.”
The first edition of the IUCN Leaders Forum is organised by IUCN together with the Korean Ministry of Environment and Jeju Self-governing Province. It focuses on Building nature-positive economies and societies.
Leaders worldwide agree that halting biodiversity loss is critical, and reversing it is now urgent if we want to remain within the planet’s carrying capacity. At their meeting hosted by the UK Presidency, G7 leaders called for the world to become net zero and nature-positive by 2030.
There is a growing movement to support Nature-positive actions in many areas of human activity (finance, industry, agriculture, etc.), backed by civil society organisations and endorsed by many policy-makers. However, the metrics to measure the impact of ‘nature-positive’ initiatives, the baselines, the monitoring, the financing, and the implementation of concrete actions still require in-depth discussions.
Issues relating to legitimacy, transparency and responsible reporting will be just as important as the business decisions and policies themselves to convince consumers and voters that the required change is positive for everyone.
By bringing together leaders and changemakers from across sectors around the world who are engaged and who will return to their countries with renewed commitments, new partnerships, and concrete actions for implementation, IUCN’s first Leaders Forum will provide a platform for advancing Nature-positive solutions.
What will IUCN Leaders Forum Changemakers receive?
- Delegate access to the IUCN Leaders Forum in Jeju Province, the Republic of Korea, from 13–15 October 2022
- An exclusive opportunity to pitch your project to influential global leaders from the private sector, government and civil society
- Hotel accommodation in Jeju from 12–16 October 2022
- Return travel to Jeju Province, Republic of Korea
- Meals and other expenses are covered for the duration of your stay in Jeju.
Interested in applying for the IUCN Leaders Forum 2022? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.