Deadline: May 1, 2019 00:00 (CEST)| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: The competition welcomes submissions from most countries around the globe. However, individuals or organizations may be disqualified if they are based in a nation, state, province, or territory where U.S. or local law prohibits participating in the competition or receiving a prize. This includes individuals, who are residents of, and organizations domiciled in Brazil, Quebec, Cuba, Sudan, Iran, North Korea, Mexico, Syria or any other country designated by the United States Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
LiveWell Student App Challenge 2019
LiveWell RERC is sponsoring its second app development competition for middle, high school, and college students as well as non-professional developers.
Three winning submissions will be selected to receive a cash award. Two submissions will also be selected at random for prizes, so you are encouraged to submit your project even if it is a simple app.
The LiveWell App Challenge is intended to promote awareness of the need for supporting and accessible technologies by fostering innovation through a fun, hands-on competition.
Applicants are encouraged to submit mobile applications that address a need from one of LiveWell’s target areas, but apps from any area will be accepted.
Livewell is particularly interested in apps that can be used by people with disabilities and people who are ageing.
LiveWell target areas:
- Health and function
- Money management
- Home automation and control
- Personal communication
- Access to public announcements and notifications
Apps will be evaluated against the following criteria:
- The app addresses an important accessibility or supporting technology need (50 points).
- Clearly documented target population: You should clearly define the target end user population including functional limitations, ages and other pertinent demographic characteristics of intended users of the app or hardware.
- Clearly documented clinical or accessibility needs: Evaluation of the importance of the app will be based on the degree of impact on that population.
- Meaningful collaboration with recognized clinical or other subject matter expert/s: Developer has partnered with a clinical or other subject matter expert who can document expertise working with people who have the condition that the app proposes to address.
- The app has the potential to have a positive impact on the target population (50 points). Your app does not have to be fully functional at the time of submission, but the more progress made on the app the easier it will be for the judges to see its positive impact within each target population.
Interested in applying for the the LiveWell Student App Challenge 2019? Register your participation by following the application link and taking the suggested steps.