Deadline: January 31, 2018 00:00 CET
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game] | Apply here
Eligibility: You must hold both a Bachelors degree (or equivalent) and a Masters degree. Professional qualifications and relevant experience may be taken into account if you don’t have a Bachelors degree. For the Master’s degree, they look for an overall grade of 65% or above; B or above; GPA of 3 or above
Location: Manchester, the United Kingdom
Manchester Business School Scholarships 2018
Manchester Business School continues to attract outstanding students of the highest caliber and their research student population is one of the largest in the UK with around 60 students joining the programme each year.
As a graduate of one of the world’s most innovative and ambitious doctoral research schools, you’ll be sought after by leading universities, top business schools, government institutes and private sector organizations.
They embed the Ph.D. into the research life and culture of the School by assigning you to research centers and groups. You will be active in the research life of your center, organizing external seminars, presenting your work to peers in internal seminars, and designing and presenting posters on your Ph.D.
- Ph.D. studentships offer 3 years’ funding, including doctoral programme tuition fees and a stipend of approximately £15,000 per year. You also receive a generous research support and conference allowance.
- A significant number of fully-funded Ph.D. studentships is offered to outstanding candidates looking to start in September 2018.
- In addition, you are encouraged to undertake training and development in teaching and deliver teaching and/or research assistantship duties on a paid basis to further enhance your experience in preparation for your future career.
You will have access to:
- A robust doctoral research training programme
- Dedicated research resources
- Training in transferable skills
- Visiting speaker seminar programme
- Existing research centers and groups
- Manchester Business School looks for applicants with high motivation, strong qualifications and the potential to carry out advanced research.
- Your academic qualifications and English language ability are taken into consideration, alongside your research proposal.
- You must hold both a Bachelors degree (or equivalent) and a Masters degree.
- They look for a First Class or Upper Second Class (2:1) Honours degree from a UK university, or the overseas equivalent.
- Professional qualifications and relevant experience may be taken into account if you don’t have a Bachelors degree.
- For the Master’s degree, they look for an overall grade of 65% or above; B or above; GPA of 3 or above
- Qualifications from non-UK institutions must be equivalent to UK qualifications. Grading schemes of some institutions may vary – please provide an official grading scheme with your transcripts.
- If you don’t have a Masters or are from a non-standard background, you may apply for the MRes + Ph.D. route (For more details please check their official website).
- If you are applying for the Ph.D. in Accounting and Finance, you need to hold a relevant Masters degree in finance, accounting or a cognate subject area. You need to have achieved a distinction (70% or above) including any dissertation component; GPA of 3.3 or above; or equivalent.
English language requirements
You will be exempt from providing an IELTS/TOEFL/Pearson score if you are:
- A native English speaker from one of the countries listed below
A current student or graduate (within the last five years) of a UK institution
- A current student or graduate (within the last five years) of an institution in a country where English is the first language (see list below):
Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad & Tobago, and the USA.
If you do not meet the above criteria, you need to demonstrate your English proficiency by taking one of the following tests:
- IELTS: 7.0 minimum overall score (with a minimum of 6.0 in each component)
- TOEFL: 100 minimum overall score on the internet-based test (with a minimum of 20 in each component) or 623 overall minimum scores on the paper-based test
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE): 66 minimum overall score (with a minimum of 51 in each component)