Deadline: December 1, 2020 00:00 (CET)| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: The Competition is open to any student registered, for the duration of the Competition, in an undergraduate (bachelor level or equivalent) business program (commerce, administration, management, etc.) at any member institution of the Network of International Business Schools or through special invitation made by the host institution and the NIBS Board. Students on exchange at a member institution for the entire academic year may compete for that member institution, provided they meet other eligibility requirements. Teams can consist of a minimum of three and a maximum of five eligible students.
Registration fee: EUR 150,-
NIBS Worldwide Business Plan Competition 2021
The NIBS Worldwide Business Plan Competition aims to stimulate entrepreneurship among students.
Teams are challenged to conceive of a new service or product offering, and then create a business plan and concept pitch video aimed at convincing potential investors to finance the business.
Each year, the three best submissions are selected by a four-person jury of business professionals and academics to compete in the Final Round.
The videos produced by these three teams are then shown during a special session held at the NIBS Annual Conference in May, where delegate votes help to determine the winner.
Participants in the Business Plan Competition benefit in a variety of ways:
- Experience creating a business model and writing a business plan
- Familiarity with primary/secondary market research and the process of conducting feasibility studies
- Feedback from a jury of senior managers and academics
experience working as part of a team
- Opportunity to sharpen organizational and communication skills
- Pitch your idea to an international panel of business professionals and academics
• Working as part of a team
The prizes awarded to the winning team of the Competition are as follows:
- A Championship Trophy awarded to the first-place finishers (provided by the host of the NIBS Conference)
- Cash prizes (provided by NIBS):
- €1000 for the first-place finishers
- €500 for the second-place finishers
- €250 for the third-place finishers
- In addition, the host of the NIBS Conference will provide individual certificates to each member of the three teams that advance to the Final Round, signed by the NIBS organizers and the president of the judging panel.
Interested in applying for the NIBS Worldwide Business Plan Competition? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.