– Summer semester deadline April 1, 2017; the internship lasts from June until August
– Fall semester deadline June 1, 2017; the internship lasts from September until November/December
– Spring semester deadline November 1, 2017; the internship lasts from February until April | Apply here
Eligibility: Internships are open to current, matriculated college juniors, seniors, and recent grads. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited, degree-granting college/university and authorised to work in the USA. Graduate students, MBA candidates, and law school students are also accepted.
Location: Burbank, The United States
Nickelodeon Internship Program 2017
Love Cartoons? So does Nickelodeon! An internship at Nickelodeon can launch you on an exciting, fun-filled career in children’s entertainment.
When people think about an internship, they envision getting coffee, running errands, and slaving away behind a copy machine where everyone knows you as “The Intern.”
Fortunately, there is still hope out there, and that is at the Nickelodeon Animation Studio in Burbank, CA! Here, the interns are called “NICKterns,” and if you get coffee it will be for yourself!
The Nickelodeon Animation Studio produces such hits as SpongeBob SquarePants, Sanjay and Craig, Wallykazam!, Breadwinners, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Some of the great perks of being an NICKtern are networking with studio artists and producers, having lunch with top executives, going to free movie screenings, taking practice art tests, attending intern classes and much, much more!
Apply to be an NICKtern in any of the following departments
- Animation Productions (2D/CG)
- Animation Development (Nick/Nick Jr.)
- Animation Lab
- Archive & Resource Library
- Casting (Animation/Live Action)
- Community Outreach
- Digital Operations
- Human Resources
- Game Development & Engineering
- Music & Talent
- Post Production
- Press & Communications
- Original Movie Development
- Social Media Marketing
- Special Events
- Talent Management
- Talent Outreach & Development
- TV Production Technologies
Finding NICKterns is not an easy task! Matching up the right candidate with the right team takes plenty of time.
That’s why you’re encouraged to submit the application by the deadlines above.
For any applications received after the deadline, there is no guarantee that you will be considered for the position.
Ideal candidate attributes
- Be hard-working
- Be passionate
- Be creative
- Be nice
- Be orange
- and most importantly…BE AWESOME!
Candidates must meet and comply with ALL of the criteria below to be eligible for the Nickelodeon Internship Program:
- Internships are paid at a standard competitive hourly rate (California).
- Proper work authorization is needed to be employed within the United States.
- Interns must be available for a minimum of 10 weeks. An extension may be requested by the department following the 10 weeks, but may not overlap with the next internship semester.
- Interns must be available to work a minimum of two full days per week (16 hours), but some departments may require more than two days. Interns may work no more than 35 hours per week.
- Internships are open to current, matriculated college juniors, seniors, and recent grads. All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited, degree-granting college/university. Graduate students, MBA candidates, and law school students also accepted.
- Upon acceptance, a letter from your college/university confirming you are a matriculated junior, senior, graduate student or law student will be required. Failure to provide this letter at orientation may result in dismissal from the program.
- College credit is not required, but appropriate documentation will be provided if necessary and upon request.
- Guidance on accommodations is available upon request.