Deadline: July 31, 2017 | Apply here
Eligibility: Scholarships are open to students around the world pursuing PhD research programme in diverse fields at Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering
Scholarship value: Monthly stipend, up to 4 years of the PhD studies starting from S$3,000, full tuition fee subsidy for 4 years, additional allowances.
NUS Data Science Scholarships 2017
NUS Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering is inviting applications for 04international scholarships in Data Science.
Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD research programme in diverse fields at Graduate School for Integrative Sciences and Engineering to help students in upgrading their education.
NUS University of Singapore is ranked consistently as one of the world’s top universities. They offer the most extensive college degree courses in Singapore.
NGS offers generous direct-PhD Scholarships to outstanding students of all nationalities who have strong research potential.
NGS embraces students trained in a wide variety of relevant subject areas who have the talent to see that true innovation knows no artificial boundaries. NUS research-intensive programme enables students to achieve research excellence and competes with the world’s best.
All NGS scholars have access to ample resources, a world-class infrastructure, and receive supervision from distinguished academics.
0404Students may, with the agreement of their supervisors, conduct up to two years of their PhD research at one of the partner institutions in the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Continental Europe, Japan or China.
This scholarship will cover the followings
Monthly stipend, up to 4 years of the PhD studies, OR up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier, of
- S$3,500 for Singapore Citizens, plus Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer’s contribution rate set by CPF
- S$3,200 for Singapore Permanent Residents
- S$3,000 for International students
- Full tuition fee subsidy for 4 years
Other allowances include:
- computer allowance
- book allowance
- conference allowance.
- Student must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot exit with MSc.
Applicants must meet the following area for these scholarships
- Graduates with a passion for cross-disciplinary research in science, engineering, computing, and related aspects of medicine.
- Graduates with at least 2nd Upper Honours, or equivalent qualifications.
- RE is compulsory for all applicants, except NUS and NTU Bachelor degree holders and final-year undergraduates. Please note it cannot be substituted by GATE.
- Native or undergraduate instruction TOEFL / IELTS (either can be used) is only compulsory for applicants whose is not in English
- Scholarships are open to students around the world.
- The award is renewable, subject to the satisfactory academic performance of CAP ≥ 3.8 at the end of every semester.
- Applicants doing a Masters programme at the point of application must have officially completed the Master’s programme and must have been conferred the Master’s degree before matriculating in NGS for PhD at NGS.
- Applicants who have submitted their Master’s thesis only, but who have not officially graduated from the Master’s programme, and have not been conferred the Master’s degree must, therefore, defer their admission (from matriculation to registration) into NGS, until the Master’s degree has been officially awarded.
- Applicants required to serve any bond after graduation from existing (be it Bachelor / Master’s) programme, and who intend to commence their NGS’ PhD immediately after official graduation and/or serving any bond at the point of application to NGS’ PhD should declare such information in the Questionnaire section of the application form.
- Successful applicants should automatically, in their own initiative, apply for deferment of serving of the bond. The official memo documenting the approval of deferment of bond service should be submitted to NGS at least one month before matriculation into NGS’ PhD.