Deadline: June 1, 2018 12:00 (CEST) | Apply here
Eligibility: bright entrepreneurs 18 years or older
Prizes: There is a total of €1 million in combined prize money for the five best start-ups, of which €500,000 is intended for the winner. In addition to the prize money, all finalists will receive over six months of expert coaching to optimise their business plans.
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Postcode Lottery Green Challenge 2018
By arranging this competition, Postcode Lottery Green Challenge is helping start-ups from around the world to bring their CO2-reducing solutions to market.
The Postcode Lottery Green Challenge is one of the biggest annual competitions in the field of sustainable business.
With this competition, the Dutch Postcode Lottery wants to support outstanding sustainable solutions in developing and bringing them to market.
This year, the organizers want to know:
Do you combat climate change?
Are you working on a solution that promotes an eco-friendly lifestyle and reduces greenhouse-gas emissions?
Then apply for the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge 2018, a global search for the best green business plan to combat climate change.
Your business idea might be worth €500,000!
Who should apply?
Postcode Lottery Green Challenge is a competition for bright entrepreneurs whose innovative ideas combine sustainability, entrepreneurship and creativity.
- should have the potential to reduce greenhouse-gas emissions by an amount you can roughly estimate;
- should have an execution plan;
- should have a road map to become a usable product or service in the next 2 years.
Besides these criteria, the jury will also consider such factors as the communication potential, baldness of the idea and creativity.
What are the prizes?
With a combined total of €1,000,000 in prize money, the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge is one of the largest annual competitions in the field of sustainability.
- The winner receives €500,000 to further develop their service or product and bring it to market within the next two years.
- The runner-up will receive €200,000 and the three other finalists will win €100,000 each.
- The winner will not only take home half a million euros, they will also receive six months of expert coaching and help in bringing their idea to market. The Postcode Lottery Green Challenge competition is organized by the Postcode Lottery (active in the Netherlands, Sweden, the UK and Germany).
What is the competition timeline?
- Entrepreneurs from all over the world can submit their business plans until the first of June, 2018.
- In mid-July, the organizers will announce the 25 shortlisted teams.
- In mid-August, 5 teams will be selected for the competition finals.
- If you are selected, you will be invited to attend the grand finale in Amsterdam on September 13.
- There you will present your business plan in front of a selected audience to an international panel of experts.
This is a unique chance to pitch your business idea!
If you are a driven social entrepreneur, you want to make your dream come true. To make it happen, you will need support. Not only in terms of funding, but also inspirational advice and strategic guidance.
Whether you are entering the Postcode Lottery Green Challenge, you will have to pitch your business plan thousands of times to convince others to support your dream.
So why not to take this chance to sharpen your pitching skills?