Deadline: May 31, 2019 00:00 CEST| Apply here
[Oops, the opportunity has already expired. Sign up to AlphaGamma weekly newsletters to stay ahead of the game]
Eligibility: Master’s degree applicants: minimum of three years of related full-time work or volunteer experience; bachelor’s degree applicants: minimum of five years of related full-time work or volunteer experience
Rotary Peace Fellowships 2020-21
Each year, Rotary awards up to 100 fully funded fellowships for dedicated leaders from around the world to study at one of its peace centers.
Through academic training, practice, and global networking opportunities, the Rotary Peace Centers program develops the fellows into experienced and effective catalysts for peace.
The fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship and field-study expenses.
In just over a decade, the Rotary Peace Centers have trained more than 1,200 fellows. Many of them now serve as leaders at international organizations or have started their own foundations.
Each year, The Rotary Foundation awards up to 50 fellowships for master’s degrees and 50 for certificate studies at premier universities.
- Master’s degree programs: Accepted candidates study peace and development issues with research-informed teaching and a diverse student body. The program lasts 15 to 24 months and includes a 2-3 month field study, which participants design themselves.
- Professional development certificate program: Experienced leaders gain practical tools for promoting peace and international development during an intensive, 3- month program, which includes 3 weeks of field study and peer learning opportunities with a diverse group.
Is a peace fellowship right for me?
Peace fellowship candidates must meet these requirements:
- Proficiency in English; a second language is strongly recommended
- Demonstrated commitment to international understanding and peace
- Excellent leadership skills
- Master’s degree applicants: minimum of three years of related full-time work or volunteer experience
- Bachelor’s degree applicants: minimum of five years of related full-time work or volunteer experience
Interested in applying for the Rotary Peace Fellowships 2019? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.